Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Terra Command & Data Handling Subsystem Engineer
KBR is looking for a Terra Command and Data Handling (C&DH) Subsystem Engineer for the GSMO-2 Project at Goddard Space Flight Center.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Directly report to the Terra Flight Systems Manager (FSM)
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the C&DH. subsystem for the spacecraft (components include Solid State Recorder, Science Formatting Equipment, the Master Oscillator, etc)
• Monitor the trending and analysis data for the C&DH subsystems on a daily, weekly, monthly and long term basis
• Submit monthly and other report status of the C&DH subsystem as needed
• Assist online engineers in identifying and correcting C&DH problems encountered in real-time at anytime, including off-hours/weekends
• Assist offline engineers in identifying and correcting spacecraft issues
• Understand Fault Detection, Isolation and Recovery (FDIR) and how to respond to all C&DH related spacecraft anomalies
• Develop/Create process improvements, enhancements for the C&DH subsystems and spacecraft in order to improve accuracy or efficiency
• Assist Operations Engineer to plan and develop EOS Automation SSR data capture monitoring and notification.
• Create and update C&DH procedures, telemetry pages, telemetry plots, etc
• Attend all necessary meeting related to the C&DH subsystem and spacecraft. This can include leading C&DH related meetings and/or providing inputs for the C&DH subsystem.
• Plan/execute/analyze all C&DH activities (e.g. clock and leap second adjustments)
• Train new online engineers about the C&DH subsystem, including refresher CORE exercises
BS degree in engineering or related discipline (Math and Physics)
At least 6 months spacecraft operations experience
Prefer 1-year spacecraft operations experience
Prefer 1 year of experience on EOS missions (Terra, Aqua, or Aura)
Prefer experience with Terra, ECLIPSE, ITPS, MMS, SSIM, MS Office, VBA, Matlab, Python
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .