If you’re ready to take on a fresh challenge, grow your career and contribute to making the world a safer place, Raytheon is ready to help you achieve your goals. Join our team and get the opportunity and support to find purpose, thrive and succeed.
Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is currently seeking a Sr. Principal Cyber Engineer to be a key contributor in the implementation of cyber engineering.
This position will be involved throughout the full lifecycle of the development program including: CONOPs development, requirements development, architecture, design, integration, test, certification, and continuous monitoring of products.
This position also provides opportunity to support ongoing business process activities, such as: metrics collection and analysis, program tailoring, and process documentation updates and deployment.
Security Clearance Requirement: Must be a U.S. CITIZEN with an active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Security Clearance.
This position is eligible for a Sign on Bonus of up to $40,000 for a candidate with a current TS/SCI that can be verified and hired at Raytheon.
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- Engineering leadership to the program architecture team, coordinating with management and other disciplines to ensure a coordinated and cohesive engineering effort- Engineering support for technical implementation of Cyber and DevOps solutions comprised of COTS as well as custom products
- Lead for DevOps/Continuous Integration architecture efforts
- Must be able to coordinate collaboratively across traditional engineering disciplines, with management and with customers
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- Knowledge of all aspects of the cyber exploitation and attack process, to include aspects of vulnerability research techniques and operationalization
- Knowledge of common Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) used by Advanced Persistent Threats to exploit and attack systems
- Experience with evaluating and detecting attack vectors
- Application of common FOSS and COTS tools for system scanning, exploit detection, etc.
- Integration of cyber mission capabilities within an operational mission system as a means to incorporate cyber operations within a larger mission context
- Strong experience with computer languages such as C/C++, Perl, Ruby, Python, XML, Java, and Unix script
- Strong experience with current operating systems such as Windows, CentOS, Red Hat Linux
- Experience with embedded real-time Operating Systems such as Green Hills Integrity
- Experience performing risk assessments, vulnerability analysis, and security assessments
- Experience establishing and maintaining good working relationships with all levels of the organization, including Government customer, IPT leadership, and support organizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – position will involve the development of white papers and presentations as part of new business activities
- Must have a current TS/SCI security clearance
- Experience with modeling and simulating attacks and analyzing impacts on mission effectiveness
- Familiarity with cyber mission planning, to include applications of JP 5.0 and JP 3.0 to cyber planning and operations
- Development of operational architectures to implement dynamic defense capabilities
- Familiarity with DODAF architecture concepts
- Analysis of IT systems to identify, assess, and design security features
- Creation of network diagrams
- Experience with two-factor authentication, network surveillance technology, intrusion detection, endpoint protection, data leakage protection, and encryption solutions and systems
- Bachelors Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and/or Mathematics (STEM Degree) with 10+ years of related professional experience
- Masters Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and/or Mathematics (STEM Degree) with 8+ years of related professional experience
- PhD in Science, Technology, Engineering, and/or Mathematics (STEM Degree) with 6+ years of related professional experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.