Focal Plane Operations at Vision Systems is searching for a Product Engineer with semiconductor wafer processing, team leadership and project management experience. Chosen team member will work with multi-discipline team to develop advanced Sensor Chip Assemblies (SCAs) utilizing HgCdTe, III/V semiconductors or advanced micro-bolometer detector technologies. Specifically, this may include detector design, process development, manufacture and test of SCAs at the RVS Goleta wafer/SCA fabrication facility. Candidate should be capable of leading small teams and working closely with Integrated Product Team Leads/Program Managers to ensure engineering requirements are defined and understood, risks/opportunities are managed and schedules/budgets are met. Candidate will work under limited supervision while exercising responsibility in determining and meeting the technical, financial, and schedule objectives of projects. As a Product Engineer, decisions are data driven in nature and require preparing technical justification analysis reports as well as presenting to a variety of Engineering and Program Review Boards.
- Minimum 4+ years of related, professional engineering experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, 2+ years with a Master’s Degree or 0+ years with a PhD
- Knowledge and understanding of HgCdTe, III/V semiconductor and/or micro-bolometer detector physics and wafer processing in a cleanroom environment
- Ability to understand and analyze data related to semiconductor device performance
- Experience with team leadership and project planning
- Strong and effective oral and written communication skills
- Technical writing ability
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint applications
- A DoD secret clearance is required within a year of starting.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Required Education (including Major):
- Currently active SECRET Clearance highly preferred.
- Familiarity and experience with device design and modeling tools
- Readout Integrated Circuit (ROIC) Design & Operation
- Performance metrics specifications (Analysis, Flowdown, Writing)
- Design Verification Techniques
- Experience with Design of Experiments (DoE) and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Planning and Non-conforming Material Control
- Experience with failure analysis techniques such as 8D and Root Cause & Corrective Action reporting
- Understanding of Process Yields and Analysis
- Experience with Bids and Proposals
- Proficient in Microsoft Project application
- Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) Experience
- PMP Certification
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.