The Guidance, Navigation and Control Center (GNC) teams within System Design is responsible for all requirements, trade studies, algorithm designs and performance analyses required to develop Missile Systems products that navigate and guide successfully. The scope of work includes aerodynamic analysis, wind tunnel testing and model development: flight control system design and analysis; servo and control actuation system design and analysis; strap down and GPS aided navigation system design and analysis; target state estimation, midcourse and terminal guidance design optimization as well as system performance analysis.
***This is a summer internship beginning in the summer of 2020*** Must be a Junior level standing or higher.
Intern position conducting missile guidance, embedded software, and missile performance analysis. Missile guidance tasks include guidance law development, state estimation, sensor fusion, trajectory shaping and miss distance performance optimization. Embedded software includes real-time GNC algorithm development for missile system products. Missile performance analysis includes model development, system optimization and Monte Carlo assessments with expected system disturbances.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Required Skills, and Education
- Pursuing a BS or MS degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required from an ABET accredited institution in one of the following: Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or System Engineer.
- Strong academic and analytical background with course work including a combination of digital and modern control systems, dynamics, Kalman filter design, or signal processing.
- Computer skills include Matlab, C, C++, scripting (Python, Perl, or Java Script), Object Oriented design, and familiarity with UNIX and LINUX operating systems as well as Microsoft products.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Desired Education, Skills and Experience:
Location: This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- Student Loan Repayment Contribution
- 9/80 work schedule – Every other Friday off
- Onsite Wellness Program – Health Screenings/Flu Shots
- 401K – Savings & Investment Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Rstars is an enterprise-wide recognition program that allows you to give and receive thanks for notable and exceptional performance.
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition***
Note: This position can be Salary Grade ST03, Salary Grade ST04 or Salary Grade ST05 based on the candidate's qualifications and standing as outlined below:
ST03 (Junior Technical Intern) - Must have completed 60 credit hours of college
ST04 (Senior Technical Intern) - Must have completed 90 credit hours of college
ST05 (Post- Graduate Technical Intern) - Must have an undergraduate degree and currently seeking a graduate degree (In degree fields listed in Required Education)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.