***This position is for early career individuals who have less than 2 years of professional work experience and who will receive a degree during the current academic year or who received their degree within the last 18 months.***
If you answered yes to the above, then Raytheon Missile Systems may have an excellent career opportunity for you at our Tucson, AZ facility. Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is looking for highly motivated systems engineers interested in developing System Security Solutions with the ability to understand and communicate with other engineering disciplines.
Systems Design teams within the System Design & Performance Directorate has responsibility for programs in the following product lines: Naval and Area Mission Defense, Air Warfare Systems, Land Combat Systems, Air and Missile Defense Systems and Advanced Missile Systems. The center is currently looking for Entry Level Systems Security Engineers to develop systems design solutions for programs in various stages of the product life cycle.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors in a STEM degree per Raytheon guidelines in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Computer Science, Engineering Science, or Robotics. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Cumulative GPA of 3.00 is required.
- Applied engineering experience with exposure in one or more of the following domains: Systems Engineering, Software or Firmware development, Systems Integration and/or Test, ASIC development, Cybersecurity, System Security, Digital Electronics design, or similar work history.
- Past work experience (professional or academic) interacting with multidisciplinary teams of system design professionals including electrical, mechanical, software and logistics engineers
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Active Department of Defense clearance
- Experience in design, development and fielding of secure systems for military applications: “relevant experience” is knowledge of a broad array of program protection concepts, reverse engineering tools and techniques, failure analysis, and cryptography.
- Detailed understanding of and experience in engineering security solutions for Government customers
- Prior work experience giving technical briefs or presentations after synthesizing or generating technical materials from multidisciplinary sources
- Matlab and/or C++ experience
- Modeling and Simulation experience
- Experience with model-based systems engineering
- Ability to visualize system functionality, to create block diagrams, and to analyze system performance
- Ability to analyze issues and define solutions
- Ability to perform trade studies to optimize system performance
- Familiarity with DoD customer infrastructure with respect to command and control, telemetry, flight test, ISR, fixed wing, and/or rotary wing systems
- Understanding of Systems Engineering Product Development Cycle
- Strong communication skills including effective written, verbal, and listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles
Location: This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- Student Loan Debt Contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance
- 9/80 work schedule – Every other Friday off
- Onsite Wellness Program – Health Screenings/Flu Shots
- 401K – Raytheon Savings & Investment Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Rstars is an enterprise-wide recognition program that allows you to give and receive thanks for notable and exceptional performance.
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition***
Learn more about us:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.