Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Predominantly a site based role, under the general direction of the Project HSE Manager, you will be responsible for the coordination and supervision of all activities undertaken by the contractors, providing guidance and subject matter expertise on the requirements of the project. Communicating with the contractors on all field activities associated with the successful completion of the works, you will ensure there’s no delay in furnishing the contractors with additional/supporting information needed to execute the works.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· You will provide HSE support to the Construction Management Team working alongside and supporting the construction superintendents;
· You will provide HSE support and direction for contractors, coordinate activities and ensure interface issues are kept to a minimum;
· Monitor and review activities, driving contractors to a timely execution of the works;
· Promote a safe working environment on site with contractors personnel to ensure all HSE goals are achieved;
· Prepare and control work permits;
· Provide an evaluation of and feedback on contractor’s competencies, procedures, documents and work processes;
· Ensure contractor’s staffing and competencies are maintained throughout the construction phase and aligned with their manpower plan;
· Develop training packages and deliver these to the Construction Management Team and contractors management;
· Undertake thorough accident/incident investigation.
Skills and experience:
· Previous project experience at a similar level with a strong understanding and knowledge of industry specifications, codes and standards;
· Proven leadership skill, able to plan and organise work priorities;
· Training experience;
· Computer literate with excellent, written and verbal communication skills, having the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
Educational experience :
· Membership of a professional body;
· Crane appointed person or similar qualification;
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .