Acquisition Logistics Analyst
KBR is seeking a Logistics Analyst in Huntsville, AL to mentor and advise project teams to achieve milestones and objectives. The Log Analyst impacts the direction and resource allocation for program, project or services; works within general Divisional/Group policies and industry guidelines. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Analyzes program activities such as acquisition program planning, proposal pricing, financial management, cost analysis, management techniques, documentation requirements, or network analysis.
- Exhibits capability in areas of production planning documents, preparing and utilizing databases for cost analysis and financial management and maintenance of program security requirements in cognizance with ongoing program changes.
- Compiles and reviews budgets against actual performance, previous budget figures, estimated revenue, and other data sources to control budgets and provide for proper financial decisions.
- Aids in developing and implementing strategies to achieve program objectives safely and within agreed time, cost, technical, quality and other performance criteria. Products are generally acquisition strategies/plans and other statutory/regulatory documentation (writing, editing, cross-walking, and compliance checking), briefings and white papers supporting acquisition decisions at each of the milestones.
- Participates in the control of costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system.
- Performs analyses and prepares reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Participates in the preparation of budgets and schedules for all contract work and performs and/or assists in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis.
- Ensures adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government. Incorporates contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines.
- Develops plans including budgets and schedules to meet contractual/project requirements for several major portions of a program.
- Supports the customer program manager in executing his/her mission as single point of integrative responsibility needed to ensure that everything in the program is managed effectively to ensure a successful project outcome.
- Also provides support to the PM in program progress reviews and other performance reviews.
- May also assist in creating/briefing higher level executive agency system acquisition or program summary reports. Analyzes business or operating procedures to devise the most efficient methods of accomplishing work.
- Plans study of work problems and procedures, such as organizational change, communications, information flow, integrated production methods, inventory control, or cost analysis.
- Gathers and organizes information on problems or procedures including present operating procedures.
- Analyzes data gathered, develops information and considers all available solutions or alternate methods of proceeding.
- Organizes and documents findings of studies and prepares recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures or organizational changes. Confers with personnel concerned to assure smooth functioning of newly implemented systems or procedures.
- May install new systems and train personnel in application. May conduct operational effectiveness reviews to ensure functional or project systems are applied as designed, and functioning satisfactorily. May develop or update functional or operating manuals outlining established methods of performing work in accordance with organizational policy.
- Requires in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the job family. Anticipates customer and industry issues; recommends product, process or service improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience. In some disciplines, advanced degree may be a requirement to reach this level. May hold a Professional Certification in Program Management.
- Typically requires 10 to 15 years of relevant experience within the program.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .