full-time employee contract
Purpose and Scope:
Perform mechanical engineering functions concerning the design, development, modification, fabrication, assembly, and testing of electronic or electro-mechanical equipment and systems. Perform a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, development, design, manufacture, test, installation, operation, and maintenance of diverse military electronic/mechanical equipment and systems; participate on design, analysis or review team(s) on more complex engineering assignments.
1) Conducts research and engineering analysis on DoD communication, weapons, radar and computer systems.
2) Interprets technical documentation to resolve conflicts in requirements and/or performance.
3) Utilizes standard test equipment (Network Analyzers, Power Meters, Oscilloscopes, Digital and Analog Multimeters, etc.) without instruction.
4) Develops, maintains, and produces technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications; interfaces with customers at all levels: design reviews, technical working groups, and final design and test activities.
5) Conducts site visits and experimental investigations, analyzes engineering problems, proposes solution, alternatives, and provides recommendations.
6) Solves average electronics engineering problems with little technical guidance; interprets military drawing standards/specifications, as well as government process for ordering parts; documents work efforts, to include Test Procedures, Engineering Change Proposals, specifications/standards, etc.
1) Must be United States Citizen.
2) Must have a valid driver's license.
3) Four year Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Mechanical or related field from an accredited education institution.
4) Three years specialized experience in electronic/mechanical equipment and systems
5) Additional education (MA/PhD) may be substituted for up to 1 year experience.
6) Proficient with Microsoft desktop applications to include: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
7) Familiarity with database management software (i.e. SAP products, AutoCad, SQL, Access, and LMP).
8) Ability to set up testing procedures and develop requirements associated with equipment as it pertains to Military Specifications and requirements within an SOW.
9) Familiarity with production and kitting procedures as well as lean processes.
10) Some travel may be required to conduct site visits and analyze engineering problems, propose solutions and recommendations.