full-time employee contract
Performance and Scope:
Perform as a lead on more complex engineering assignments. Perform a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, development, design, manufacture, test, installation, operation, and maintenance of diverse electronic/mechanical equipment and systems and generally as a lead of a design, analysis or review team on more complex engineering assignments.
1) Experience with Satellite Communications (SATCOM ) highly desirable.
2) Performs professional work in research, development, design, testing, analysis, production, construction, maintenance, operation, planning, estimating, or standardization of facilities, systems, structures, processes, equipment, devices, or materials, requiring knowledge of the art and science of engineering.
3) Provides comprehensive definition of all aspects of system development from analysis of mission needs to verification of system performance. Analyzes/develops system requirements; develops specifications, solutions and alternatives as part of engineering studies; and assesses risks and costs to satisfy those requirements.
4) Formulates preliminary designs, performs tests, takes measurements, and performs system analyses of simulations.
5) Applies reverse engineering and reengineering disciplines to develop production planning and manufacturing documents.
6) Develops block diagrams and logic flow charts and translates detailed design into prototype or pre-production hardware/software.
7) Prepares schematics, layouts, and diagrams; develops design solutions, and prepares relevant procurement and design documentation.
8) Implements performance and technical standards and conducts appropriate tests to assess debug and validate system performance.
9) Utilizes Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) and associated Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) software approved by TYAD, Pro Engineer, and AutoCAD.
1) Must be a United Citizen.
2) Must have a High School Diploma on General Education Degree (GED).
3) Must have a valid driver's license.
4) Four year Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Electrical) or related field from an accredited education institution.
5) Two years specialized experience; additional education (MA/PhD) may be substituted for up to 1 year experience.
6) Proficient with Microsoft products (to include; Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
7) Ability to set up testing procedures and develop requirements associated with equipment as it pertains to Military Specifications and requirements within an SOW.
8) Familiarity with database management software (i.e. SAP products, SQL, AutoCAD, Access, LMP).
9) Good communications and analytical skills.
10) Position may require travel.
11) Must be able to obtain and maintain an Secret Clearance.