full-time employee contract
Purpose and Scope:
Perform a variety of fundamental field engineering tasks, under close supervision, in the installation, operations, testing and maintenance of electronic equipment and systems. Work is at an entry level and is generally performed as a member of a project team.
1) Conduct research and reference reading to assist higher-level engineers in obtaining technical information and keeps informed of currently approved standards, codes, and procedures applied to engineering specialty.
2) Perform fundamental engineering tasks requiring standard techniques, such as tolerance studies and design calculations.
3) Plan and carry out successive engineering steps and resolves technical problems by standard practices and techniques.
4) Support projects with limited scope or parts of more complex projects with detailed instructions on the intent and scope of the documents to be prepared.
5) Study currently approved standards, codes, and procedures applied to the engineering specialty monthly and yearly journal entries.
6) Assist in preparation of reports, correspondence or technical studies.
1) Must be a United States Citizen.
2) Must have a valid driver's license.
3) Associates Degree in Engineering or formal academic/vocational training or military equivalent and four or more years of technical/professional experience in the specialty field.
4) Must have a professional knowledge of applicable engineering concepts and principles, and a familiarity with related engineering fields.
5) Must have practical knowledge of test methods and practices sufficient to perform relatively routine engineering procedures and to prepare or make minor modifications of standard test procedures or test equipment work instructions.
6) Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.