Senior Systems Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V) Engineer
The Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) Department within the Space and Airborne Systems Business Segment is involved in a wide variety of Systems IV&V activities for Protected Satellite Communication Systems. The SEIT IV&V activities include all aspects of system integration and test in both laboratory and challenging environmental conditions including, but not limited to, temperature, vibration, salt/fog, lightning, humidity and reliability growth testing.
The SEIT IV&V organization also supports system architecture development, CONOPS development, system trade studies, requirements analysis and flow down to hardware/software configuration items; all of which lead to the final system integration, verification and validation. The department sections support a variety of communication system programs including Satellite Communication (SATCOM), line-of-sight (LOS) / beyond line-of-sight (BLOS) and networking for ground based, ship, submarine, and airborne platforms.
We are currently seeking experienced Senior Systems IV&V Engineers to join our dynamic, diverse, and rapidly growing team. Ideal candidates would have technical experience with System Level IV&V of AEHF, EHF, X-Band, Ka-Band, Ku-Band, C-Band, LOS/BLOS, and networking for ground based, ship, submarine, and/or airborne platforms.
- Minimum of six (6) years of systems integration and verification experience
- Background and competency in requirements development, analysis, verification and validation
- Demonstrated experience with communication architectures
- Ability to work within a structured Systems Engineering process environment including a task-oriented, value-based management system
- Ability to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams of program management and system design professionals including electrical, mechanical, software and logistics engineers
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position requires the ability to obtain DoD Secret U.S. Security Clearance within one year of start date and will require the ability to access to US only data systems
- Technical experience with System Level Integration, Verification and Validation on SATCOM (AEHF, EHF, X-Band, Ka-Band, Ku-Band, C-Band), LOS/BLOS, and networking for ground based, ship, submarine, and airborne platforms
- Experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Microsoft Project, engineering tools (e.g., DOORS) and peer review products
- Direct experience with and/or working knowledge of environmental test requirements pertaining to Military Standards including; MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-67, MIL-STD-1399, MIL-STD-1540, MIL- STD-461
- Direct experience with and/or working knowledge of Environmental Tests including requirements analysis, procedure development, test conduct and evaluation of results.
- Experience in some or all of the following are highly desirable: EMI/EMC, shock, vibration, altitude, temperature, sand/dust, humidity, explosive atmosphere, crash safety, and reliability growth testing.
- Satellite Communication systems definition, design, and development experience and/or experience with defining and evolving communication architectures
- Proposal support experience including writing Basis of Estimates (BOEs)
- Direct experience with and/or working knowledge of field support activities
- Agile/Scrum program experience
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation) and be able to communicate effectively.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) from an accredited educational institution (i.e. Engineering, Physics, Mathematics)
- Master of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) from an accredited educational institution (i.e. Engineering, Physics, Mathematics)
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.