Senior IT Systems Administrator I
Integrated Defense Systems (IDS)
Enterprise Common Classified Team
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Integrated Defense Systems (IDS), we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by IDS employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Our IT organization ensures that IDS teammates across the globe are able to communicate, collaborate and innovate for customer success. We create leading-edge technology solutions to prevent security threats, protect the integrity of our systems and support the IDS IT infrastructures around the world.
System Administrators collaborate with a diverse team to support fast-paced, critical programs with classified information system capabilities. Success in this role means you are able to develop, implement and maintain secure, cost-efficient environments across various classified programs. Program teams rely on your collaboration and guidance to define computing requirements and create end-to-end solutions to solve complex IT infrastructure problems.
This position is located in Tewksbury, with potential for domestic travel. Capped Relocation support is available to the selected applicant if they are eligible per company policy.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance as of Day One of employment, except in rare cases, only US Citizens are eligible to receive US Dept of Defense Security Clearances.Required Skills:
- Assuring a high level of reliability and performance through systems monitoring and infrastructure management
- Responding to online end user service requests
- Ensuring server and application compliance with security and performance requirements (NISPOM, DAAPM/RMF)
- Research new infrastructure technology trends, assessing their utility and developing concept of operations for deployment within IDS. Maintaining and growing your own technical competence in multiple areas (such as Windows, Linux, virtualization, User Authentication, DNS, NFS, system imaging/build automation)
- Identifying new opportunities for using IT to reduce costs in IDS Integrated Defense Systems’ programs, as well as looking for ways to use IT as a competitive advantage for the company Support a Protection Level 2/Multi-Data Set environment
- 4+ years’ experience with Windows Operating Systems including Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 2K12 Server, Windows 2K16 server or strong knowledge of other *nix operating systems (Red Hat, CentOS)
- CISSP or Security+ certification or willingness to obtain within 6 months of starting
- Experience with data storage and data backup technologies
- Ability to Collaborate Effectively
- Desire to learn new skills and troubleshoot issues
- Ability to take initiative when handed technological challenges and work to devise a solution that can be used across an enterprise.
- Good understanding of virtualization, e.g. VMWare, HyperV, Horizon 7 VDI, Profile Unity Nutanix, VMWARE VCSA
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Familiarity with DoD security configuration requirements, hardening procedures and settings
- Strong organizational skills
- Linux system administration knowledge or experience
- Good understanding of virtualization, e.g. VMWare or HyperV
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science, Mathematics or a Technical Discipline - Non Degreed applicants with significant directly applicable experience will be considered at the hiring manager's discretion (Years of experience minimum is eight in lieu of degree).
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.