Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Dulles? Then join our Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Our facility in Dulles VA offers amenities that create work and life balance. The Dulles site includes 4 modern facilities with 3 industrial buildings. On site we have a fitness center plus a fun space with a pool table, foosball and video games. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Raytheon!
The Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) Hardware and Infrastructure (HW&I) Engineering team has an immediate professional opening for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineering Section Manager (SM). The individual is responsible for leading a team of 10-20 Electrical Engineers and work products through the systems lifecycle. The SM is expected to ensure work and work products assigned to their section are completed on time and on budget and continuously improve their ability to accomplish the assigned work. The SM is also expected to participate in proposals, roadmap development and growth of the products and section.
This position is eligible for a Sign on Bonus of up to 40k for a candidate with a current TS/SCI that can be verified and hired at Raytheon.
Other relevant responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate that the section is effectively executing work to deliver on-budget, on-time, correct, high-quality, complete work products, utilizing IPDS-based Engineering work packages and productivity measures
- Demonstrate the development of staff to meet the needs of the Hardware and Infrastructure training plan
- Demonstrate measurable Execution and Bidding productivity goals for every program on which the section has Engineering content
Direct line management activities for employees in the Section, including performance management, career development and resource allocation
- Work closely with program managers to ensure customer satisfaction
- Interface with customers and users to build relationships and develop roadmaps and product ideas for meeting their needs
- Rapidly respond to customer RFIs and RFPs to shape customer acquisition strategies
- Participation in proposal processes to develop and review cost estimates/proposals packages
- Provide leadership to integrated product teams (IPTs) with responsibility for the design development of one or more section products. Is a member of the next higher tier team which develops detailed program plans, statements of work (SOW), schedules, budgets, and Integrated Master Plans (IMP)/Integrated Master Schedules (IMS)
- Maintain a professional attitude, to serve as an example to the team, with team members, internal and external customers
- Work closely with the Department Manager in support of IIS goals/objectives
- Ability to provide technical direction to the HW&I team for design and implementation activities using COTS-based solutions
- Knowledge of both traditional and private/public cloud infrastructure designs
- Experience adopting and implementing DevOps tools and processes (Infrastructure build automation, container orchestration, continuous integration pipelines)
- Skilled at leading and directing activities of direct report staff
- EVMS certification
- Project management experience
- Experience developing detailed infrastructure design artifacts
- Ability to obtain US Government TS/SCI Security Clearance and US Citizenship required (US citizenship required).
- Very strong organizational and team development skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience developing and managing product line artifacts
- An active DoD or federal agency TS/SCI clearance
- Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 10 years of related work experience
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.