The North Warning System (NWS) is a joint United States and Canadian radar system that includes 47 radar sites spanning the Arctic from Labrador to the Alaska border. The NWS provides the capability to detect airborne threats across North America's polar region, providing a command and control capability to the Canadian Air Defence Sector (CADS) of the North American Aerospace Defence Command (NORAD).
Raytheon will provide Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of the NWS system including full care, custody, and control of the entire NWS and its components. This includes 47 radar sites; five logistics support sites (LSSs), a monitoring and control center, and a radar depot. Key activities include radar, equipment and facilities maintenance/repair; logistics support; and remote monitoring and control.
Raytheon seeks a Data Entry Specialist in the following location: Hall Beach. The individual will support his/her NWS northern site, which reports to the Operations & Management Office.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs a wide variety of clerical tasks in support of the business: including data entry and general office support.
- Maintains alphabetical, numerical or subject files.
- Operates office machinery and personal computer. May be familiar with several computer applications.
- Inputs data into various company systems.
- Generates charts, tables, memoranda, reports, correspondence and other materials with accuracy.
- Schedules staff meetings.
- May be responsible for government and company property tracking and control.
- May interface with internal and/or external customers.
- Demonstrates an ability to meet data input deadlines.
Individual with solid computer skills and experience entering and tracking information, as well as being very organized are encouraged to submit their resume.
- Individual who have completed high school who have some high school with clerical keyboarding experience of two to three years will be considered
- Strong MS Office program suite skills, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Detail-oriented, well organized with sound analytical skills and ability to meet timelines with accuracy
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, in a team environment and cross-culturally
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Experience working in one of the above geographically dispersed locations.
- Cultural awareness with the ability to communicate in English and in Inuktitut languages is preferred
Raytheon Canada Limited is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a wide diversity of applicants. Raytheon is committed to providing long-term, sustainable and meaningful economic benefits for Inuit Beneficiaries and their communities through activities such as on-the-job training, mentorship and skills development at all levels of employment. If you are an Inuit Beneficiary or a Land Claim Beneficiary from the Nunatsiavut, Nunavut or Inuvialuit Settlement Region you are encouraged to submit your resume. Individuals who are Inuit status with proof of land claim are preferred.
NWS promotes employment equity as part of the Legislated Employment Equity Program and encourages those who are: a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority to apply.
Individuals contacted for a job opportunity should advise the company of any accommodation measures needed in a timely manner. Successful completion of security clearances are required by candidate prior to starting on the program. Candidate must complete a criminal reference check and pass a security clearance check to a level as required for the position through the Canadian Government.