What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Integrated Defense Systems (IDS), we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. IDS gains inspiration from a noble mission, shared by IDS employees around the globe, while providing an inclusive culture empowering employees and celebrating their contributions.
The Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) Engineering Quality (EQ) organization enables engineering quality solutions, capabilities and services to the business. Most important is collaboration with our functional partners and customers (internal and external) to execute and solve problems quickly and efficiently. EQ embeds itself throughout the Engineering lifecycle to prevent defects from reaching the warfighter and to ensure flawless program execution to meet quality, cost, schedule and technical objectives.
We have an immediate need for a Hardware (HW) Quality Engineer (QE) to join the IDS Team located in Keyport, WA. The position is responsible for Hardware Quality reviews in association with the build process and delivery of various products. The ideal candidate will be motivated and highly capable of collaborating and interacting with various disciplines and other businesses.
- Assess Engineering work products (Peer Reviews, Configuration Control Boards, Drawing Reviews, Product Readiness and Sale, etc.) to identify and eliminate in-phase defects.
- Perform project data analysis to drive root cause and correction action
- Participate in test preparation and execution to ensure requirement verification
- Review Risk and Opportunity data to lead projects to eliminate risks and/or realize opportunities
- Investigate failures, participate in failure review boards, support failure investigation teams and drive root cause analysis
- Drive continuous improvement
NOTE: This position can be a Salary Grade G09 or Salary Grade G10 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- Minimum of 6 years HW Engineering, HW Testing or equivalent HW lifecycle experience
- Ability to obtain Department of Defense Secret Clearance
- Experience with Material Review Board (MRB) process that drives timely disposition of hardware, records and corrective actions
- Product life cycle experience from design through sustainment
- Knowledge of assembly/manufacturing tools: PRISM, SAP and VM
- Knowledge in configuration management tools: Common PDM
- Demonstrated Applied Critical Thinking Skills
- Ability to influence without authority, experience with cross-functional teams
- Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action expertise
- Existing Secret Clearance
- Ability to prioritize workload in a multi-tasking, resource constrained work environment
- Prior Quality Engineering experience
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certification, R6s Expert or Six-Sigma Black Belt
- Six-Sigma Principal Specialist or Expert
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience presenting to leadership
- Possible Travel up to 10%
- Supplier Quality Management experience including supplier approval, corrective action, requirements flow down, first article, nonconforming material and problem resolution.
Required Education (including Major):
What We Offer: Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, IDS offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits IDS offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.