The Principal Systems Engineer will lead an IPT in direct support of the Nuclear C3 Enterprise Center (NEC) Fort Meade to support NC3 across the National Leadership Command & Control (NLCC) systems, National Military Command System (NMCS) and Senior Leadership Command, Control, and Communications System (SLC3S) systems engineering, test & evaluation processes in providing the full spectrum of engineering, test and evaluation (ET&E) support for NLCC fixed, mobile, airborne, space and maritime elements. The ET&E activities include assisting in the systems engineering, configuration management activities, architecture design, system design, integration and development processes, requirements validation & verification and conduct of performance analyses with estimation of the operational effectiveness and suitability of NLCC supporting communications systems; supporting the processes for transition of new or developing systems; identifying shortfalls and needed modifications to current systems and networks; and supporting the changes and modifications to communications equipment or systems necessary to meet readiness and performance standards. Work is in a professional environment in the National Capitol Region, with continuing interface with Government personnel (both civilian and military), Government contractors, and other vendors and attendance at Government technical reviews.
- 10+ years relevant experience working with or have understanding of the functions and elements of the NLCC, National Military Command Systems, NC2, NC3, SLC3S and the National Military Command Center (NMCC, NMCC Site R, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), DoD CIO, White House Military Office (WHMO), White House Communications Agency (WHCA), Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS), executive travel teams, the National Airborne Operations Center (NAOC) aircraft, the U.S. Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) Airborne Command Post (ABNCP) aircraft, and the Special Air Mission (SAM) aircraft supporting the executive travel requirements of senior Government leaders
- Specific knowledge and understanding of current and ongoing NLCC programs
- Specific experience with the communications systems and networks supporting White House (WHMO or WHCA), DoD, CJCS, and SLC3S members.
- Working knowledge of current and evolving commercial and military satellite communications to support the NLCC communications requirements
- Working knowledge of Joint Capabilities Integration Development System (JCIDS) and documentation requirements
- Basic understanding of Government organizational structure (both civilian and military) and acquisition processes
- Proven ability to provide high quality, detailed, technical briefings and papers on short notice to various levels of Government personnel
- Ability to work alone and supervise other Raytheon employees on-site, off-site (at the Pentagon or other Government facility) in support of customer requirements as necessary.
- Must be US Citizen with current/existing TS/SCI clearance.
Required Education (including Major):
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, DOORS or CORE and/or CAD.
- Experience with technical working of Defense Red Switch Network.
- Specific experience with Enterprise Architecture development of C3I networks.
- Experience developing JCIDS documentation and analysis
- Bachelor's degree (Masters degree preferred) in a related field. Years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.