|The overall Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) AN/TPY-2 Program is an upgrade, production & services program for the Missile Defense Agency’s planned THAAD / AN/TPY-2 Foreign Military Sales program. MSS / MD Programs will provide the USG with state-of the-art modernized AN/TPY-2 Radars, servicing seven THAAD batteries planned for FMS to the KSA.|
The KSA Production Program Manager is accountable for ensuring successful execution of the KSA AN/TPY-2 production contract – a forthcoming ~$3B / 9yr FMS contract to be issued by the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on behalf of the Royal Saudi Air Defense Force (RSADF). The KSA AN/TPY-2 Production contract includes transition to production of key radar system upgrades, production of seven (7ea) AN/TPY-2 radars and associated spares, and management of sustainment support to these radars when fielded into Saudi Arabia.
This role demands experienced programmatic leadership to ensure cost, schedule, and technical performance goals are achieved or exceeded. Thus, the Program Manager ensures risk & opportunity management plans are comprehensive and executed to meet program and business commitments. PM responsibilities include developing and communicating methodologies to reduce cost, grow margins, and overall success. The selected individual will also assist with follow-on capture activities including firm proposal development, and negotiations with the USG.
This assignment requires the ability to lead complex cross-discipline teams, a strong command of PM best practices to enhance program execution, executive leadership presence, and the ability for fostering the culture of accountability and excellence.
This position will be located in Woburn, MA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing and maintaining customer relationships, key supplier relationships, and communicating status
- Communicating clearly and removing barriers to execution for the program team
- Presenting program status utilizing business and project management tools and procedures including IPDS, EVMS, IMS/IMP, Risk Management, Financial Forecasts and EAC
- Attracting, retaining, supervising and developing program team talent
- The ability to lead complex cross-discipline teams towards program goals.
- A strong command of PM best practices to enhance program execution, and the ability for fostering a culture of accountability and excellence.
- Identify, foster and support the capture of new business opportunities.
- Ensuring compliance with ITAR and Export requirements.
- Plans and conduct meetings, delivers contractual documentation, produces progress reports, and provide reviews for the customer
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- 14+ years of program management or program support experience in the industry
- Solid understanding of the Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) or similar/equivalent business processes
- EVMS Certified
- Proposal leadership experience
- PMX Level 3 Certification with ability to obtain PMX Level 2 certification within one year of being in role, or equivalent such certification
- Active US Secret Clearance (DoD) with the ability to obtain special access
- Profit & Loss (P&L) responsibility
- Demonstrated success in supplier management
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Science, Math or related discipline
- Ability & willingness to travel on a monthly basis (domestically) & internationally as occasionally needed
- Radar systems expertise with proven experience leading large matrixed teams
- Customer interface experience with the MDA
- Six Sigma Expert Certification
- Master Degree in Business, Engineering, Science, Math or related discipline
- Six Sigma Specialist Qualified or equivalent
- Integrity, results-oriented, demonstrated ability to build customer relationships
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a face paced, dynamic environment with time critical-requirements
- Ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team, as well as the customer
- Strong ability to effectively and pro-actively interface with internal and external constituencies
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical details of efforts underway, to summarize key concerns and follow through with development of action plans to correct or satisfy problem areas