Whether aloft in the skies aboard a fighter jet protecting the skies or an airborne surveillance platform monitoring developments on the ground, our Secure Sensor Solutions mission area is responsible for providing advanced capabilities for multiple types of tactical aircraft and other platforms. We provide the most advanced systems to navigate in challenging environments, and identify and discriminate friendly and foe objects.
Part of Space and Airborne Systems business, S3 provides capabilities that enable critical tasks---from target identification, aircraft navigation, and target engagement.
With our systems, warfighters know where they are going and what they are going to do when they get there.
The Resilient Navigation Systems product line is responsible for providing U.S. and coalition forces with accurate GPS navigation capability to successfully achieve their missions—free of disruption and jamming. GNS solutions equip manned aircraft, unmanned systems, precision weapons, and ground systems specializing.
These products include anti-jam systems, integrated GPS/INS navigators, high performance Selective Availability Anti-Spoof Module (SAASM) receivers, and Military Code (M-Code) receivers.
The Resilient Navigation Systems Engineering Department requires a Chief Engineer to lead the Omega program. The Omega program is foundational to annual sales and future international growth in the Resilient Navigation Systems business area.
The Omega program involves the development of avionic form factor in support of international sales . The Omega configuration will provide a secured solution and support to a wide range of platforms and configurations. The development of the Omega configuration is key for the success of the new business initiatives. The successful candidate will be experienced at leading hardware, software, and system development efforts necessary to propose, implement, verify, and deliver systems with complex embedded real time processing. The Chief Engineer will work closely with program, engineering, and business development management during all phases of program development and must be effective at communicating and building trust with senior management and customers. The successful candidate must be a proven and effective leader driving technical integrity in the engineering team's products and behaviors, while ensuring program execution to plan.
Responsibilities will include:
- As the program’s Engineering authority, providing technical leadership to a team of engineers that include leading the execution of the requirements development, design, build, integration and test activities, problem resolution and product verification.
- Establishing and maintaining the System Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) team’s project cost and schedule baseline, providing project management reports as required, and taking actions to maintain the cost and schedule commitments.
- Ensuring the integrity of all engineering products, such as system plans and specifications, requirements allocation products, system architecture, design analyses, interface descriptions, vulnerability assessments, software products, verification products, and product roadmaps
- Working closely with the Program Manager and the Resilient Navigation Leadership Team to ensure program is planned, staffed, and executed to plan
- Integrating across functional boundaries (Program management, Customers, Security, Finance, Software, Systems, Hardware, Test Engineering and Operations) to resolve issues and ensure an optimal balance between cost and schedule and technical integrity
- Developing technical baselines and leading engineering content in proposal efforts
- Briefing senior management and customers on program progress and technical issues/corrective actions
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in systems engineering
- Proficient with requirements decomposition, flow-down and verification
- Background and knowledge of electrical, mechanical, RF, and/or system level requirements
- Experience leading small teams to achieve goals on cost and schedule
- Practiced at preparing management level briefings
- Experience with earned value management (EVMS) tracking and reporting
- Can work effectively in both independent and team environments
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Active DoD Secret Security clearance
Required Education (including Major):
- Experience with GPS receiver RF and digital electrical hardware development and integration, or equivalent experience with RF systems
- Experience with ASIC development practices
- Background in RF signal processing
- Demonstrated knowledge of GPS user equipment and /or inertial navigation systems architecture, requirements, design, algorithms or performance analysis
- Knowledge of GPS/navigation system test methodology, requirements, and methods
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related technical field or Bachelors of Arts Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or other related technical field
Advanced degrees in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related technical field.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.