Integrated Defense Systems is offering a great opportunity for a first shift Cell Lead in our Logistics Packaging operations. This position will be responsible for the leadership of a logistics packaging operations team of approximately 15 employees and will be accountable for the performance on all aspects of safety, quality, schedule, and performance. The Logistics Cell Leader will be responsible for setting the standard and driving operational excellence throughout the organization.
This role requires daily interaction with other functions to maintain and meet organizational goals and objectives. These groups include: Production Control Logistics, Quality, Engineering, and Program. Achieving/exceeding safety, quality, delivery, cost goals and identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities using six sigma and lean methodologies are critical performance criteria for this position.
In addition to the above, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supports deployment of packaging operations strategy, control systems, tools and metrics to accurately measure progress and drive continuous improvement, as they relate to the work Cell.
- Employee hiring and training, and cross training
- Area layout and flow management
- Time and attendance tracking
- Maintaining packaging materials and supplies in support of packaging operations, with rewording and tracking
- Ensuring the full compliance of company policies and procedures
- Minimum of 4 years of experience utilizing business systems and tools that aid in manufacturing and financial management
- Experience in a manufacturing/production environment with knowledge of manufacturing planning/scheduling and operations
- Knowledge of utilizing lean manufacturing concepts with a proven track record of lean / six sigma implementation projects
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Previous experience supervising bargaining unit employees
- Experience with logistics and/or packaging, shipping and receiving
- Familiarity with MIL-STD-2073
- High computer literacy and with confidence and skill working with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and familiarity with Raytheon systems (VM, PRISM, PDM)
- Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering, and Supervisory experience in the aerospace/defense industry
- Ability to leverage technology
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and solid interpersonal skills;
- Ability to lead in a team-based manufacturing environment and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Solid People Management Skills – Goal setting, Delegation, Coaching, Motivating
- Supervisory skills with ability to use good judgment to resolve conflict
- Thinks logically and is process oriented with proven problem-solving skills
- Flexible, open minded, and Self-confident team player with the able to think outside the box to solve complex operational issues while maintaining open communications and a cooperative work environment.
- Customer focused
- Able for Action, Doing, Speed, Results, Execution while using appropriate levels of energy to create enthusiasm
- Metrics driven and success oriented
- BA or BS degree in a related field or equivalent education and experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.