The North Warning System (NWS) is a joint United States and Canadian radar system that includes 47 radar sites spanning the Arctic from Labrador to the Alaska border. The NWS provides the capability to detect airborne threats across North America's polar region, providing a command and control capability to the Canadian Air Defence Sector (CADS) of the North American Aerospace Defence Command (NORAD).
Raytheon provides Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of the NWS system including full care, custody, and control of the entire NWS and its components. This includes 47 radar sites; five logistics support sites (LSSs), a monitoring and control center, and a radar depot. Key activities include radar, equipment and facilities maintenance/repair; logistics support; and remote monitoring and control.
Raytheon seeks a Warehouse Person to support the NWS system O&M Contract. The positions will be based out of Iqaluit, Nunavut and could be a permanent position or a 6 week x 6 week rotation. Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Performs inventory control, handles packages & labels materials for storage or shipment.
• Operates material handling equipment and performs manual labour duties, maintains good housekeeping practices.
• Assists in transportation of personnel and trips to long or short range radar sites.
• Participate in the fire brigade
• Assist in the maintenance of the Site libraries.
• Provide wildlife protection
• Conduct environmental, safety, security and quality checks and audits, general housekeeping in support of a healthy and safe workplace environment and taking proactive and corrective measures in these areas.
• Assist in effecting design changes to improve equipment efficiency and/or reducing cost of operation.
• Perform other duties as assigned which are transient in nature.
Desired Knowledge / Skill and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 3 years’ experience in warehouse operations
• Experience handling Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) and associated control processes
• Experience in shipping/receiving/storing material in a warehouse environment
• Knowledge of inventory control processes and/or software applications
• Experience utilizing inventory control software application on personal computers
• Experience/knowledge of custom control points and processes would be an asset
• Forklift/Manlift license/certification would be an asset
• Must be familiar with safety regulations and practices, including working at heights.
• Must be Standard First Aid trained, including CPR Level A, and hold a valid certificate. Must possess serviceable safety boots that meet standards for workplace safety.
• Must hold a valid class ‘G’ driver’s license, or provincial/territorial equivalent
• Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) would be considered an asset.
• The successful candidate will be required to successfully obtain and maintain a valid Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC) and an Airside Vehicle Operator's Permits (AVOPs) required for the unescorted operation of motorized vehicles airside at the Iqaluit airport.
Raytheon Canada Limited is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a wide diversity of applicants. Raytheon is committed to providing long-term, sustainable and meaningful economic benefits for Inuit Beneficiaries and their communities through activities such as on-the-job training, mentorship and skills development at all levels of employment. If you are an Inuit Beneficiary or a Land Claim Beneficiary from the Nunatsiavut, Nunavut or Inuvialuit Settlement Region you are encouraged to submit your resume.
NWS promotes employment equity as part of the Legislated Employment Equity Program and encourages those who are: a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority to apply. Individuals contacted for a job opportunity should advise the company of any accommodation measures needed in a timely manner.
Successful completion of security clearances are required by candidate prior to starting on the program. Candidate must complete a criminal reference check and pass a security clearance check to a level as required for the position through the Canadian Government. 152901