The Advanced Test Systems Engineering Center (ATSEC), within the Systems Test Directorate, is comprised of five departments and an engineering population of approximately 450+ employees, and produces over $300M+/year of delivered products. The ATSEC organization has the responsibility to grow and sustain the Systems Engineering competencies throughout all test activities, and to make test more affordable, credible, agile, and robust. Within ATSEC, the Advanced Engineering Prototyping (AEP) Department has the responsibility to provide rapid engineering material acquisition, fabrication, and prototyping solutions throughout the entire product lifecycle.
The Test Equipment Procurement & Fabrication Department, part of the Advanced Test Systems Engineering Center (ATSEC), is seeking Electrical Prototyping Fabrication Technicians. (TE Pro-Fab) Technicians work in an engineering environment to co-develop engineering hardware per customer, internal requirements and industry standards. Candidates will collaborate with multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects to bring design concepts to fruition. Providing rapid engineering, material acquisition, fabrication and prototyping solutions throughout the entire product lifecycle.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Fabricating electrical hardware from drawings, schematics, 3D models, written notes and verbal instruction
- Using significant amount of judgement to co-develop electronic, electro-optical, electro-mechanical and mechanical assemblies
- Originate and preform methods to verify, troubleshoot and analyze new hardware
- Compose papers and manuals to document assembly procedures and operating processes and recording results of new hardware
- Performing electrical layout, construction, modification, testing, adjustment, verification and prove-in of prototype electronic equipment
- Annotating drawings and computer models to identify updates or changes for engineering to incorporate.
- Attending electrical/mechanical engineering drawing peer reviews, provide critical input to translate engineering design specifications into a producible prototype.
- Assess designs, ensuring productibility, maintainability, safety and reliability
- Designing basic circuits and harness to meet quick turn requirements
Desired Education, Skills and Experience:
- High school Diploma with a minimum of six (6) years related professional experience in an engineering environment
- Six (6) years’ experience testing and fabricating electrical assemblies, cables, harnesses, breakout boxes, chassis and production test equipment
- Previous work experience reading and interpreting documentations ranging from electrical and mechanical drawings to schematics, wire lists, bills of materials and 3D PDF’s
- six (6) years or more experience interfacing directly with design engineers and customers to develop and document prototype test equipment
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Knowledge of electronic principles and theory (professional or academia)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong understanding of engineering principals and design techniques
- Effective interpersonal skills in order to develop report and build positive relationships with both our internal and external customers
- Ability to work with engineering counterparts in providing guidance on best practices, design for servicing, and maintainability
- Experience analyzing and interpreting schematics and drawings, to identify producibility issues
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Adobe software
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to use good judgement and work independently or collaboratively in an engineering environment
- Associates degree in related field; OR completion of a two year electronic technician Military, vocational or college program
- Familiarity with 3D drawings and CAD tools
- Ability to prioritize work, understanding of schedule and budgets
- J-STD-001 Solder certification
- IPC 610 & 620 Acceptability certifications and inspection experience
- Experience working in an environment where your work is post-build inspected
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.