***Great opportunity for current seniors in college or recent college graduates. If you are not a current college senior, or a recent college graduate, please visit our other opportunities at and apply!***
Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cybersecurity and a broad range of mission support services.
The Whole Life Engineering (WLE) Center is made up of several disciplines whose main objective is to influence hardware and systems throughout their life cycle to ensure effective operation, reliability, system safety, maintainability and economical ownership by the customer and end user. Our team provides design analysis and sustainment support for advanced systems that are deployed worldwide on military platforms. Customers worldwide depend on us to provide best-value solutions, flawless system performance, and the full lifecycle support that assures mission success. Candidate will be an integral part of the WLE team supporting multiple programs.
- Develop solutions to routine technical problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
- Contribute to completion of technical tasks in a cross discipline teaming environment
- Conduct active management of the Failure Reporting and Corrective Action (FRACA) system
- Represent Raytheon at customer meetings as applicable
- Perform internal and external supplier interface to resolve technical issues
- Participate in trade study investigations
- Evaluate and translate reliability/maintainability/testability requirements within and across programs
- Perform reliability/maintainability/testability analyses verify designs meet requirements
- Collaborate with hardware/software teams to develop reliability/maintainability/testability capabilities
- Product reliability/maintainability/testability modeling for architecture development and trade study analysis
Although the individual will perform tasks under direct supervision we provide a work environment where candidates with exceptional capacity and intellectual curiosity can thrive and advance. If you have the drive we will work to provide opportunities for increasing levels of technical depth and breadth. Join our team and support the U.S. military, civilian, and allied missions around the world.
- Experience interpreting and applying engineering drawings
- Experience in gathering and analyzing data from a variety of sources
- Ability to conduct database interface and manipulation
- Experience in cross functional team environments
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office software suite
- Basic understanding of electronic circuits
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Clearance required within 1st year AND role requires access to US only data
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. (Please upload your transcript when applying)
- Ability to apply engineering principles during either development, production, or sustainment program phases
- Experience with problem identification, investigation and solution development
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge and skills in database interface and management
- Experience working in the DoD customer community (US Army, US Air Force, US Navy)
- Ability to function well in a high pressure multitasking environment
- Proactive and effective in addressing issues with a program design and production support teams
- Experience in failure modes and mechanisms related to Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs)
- Experience with military documentation as it relates to reliability/maintainability/testability
Required Education (including major): This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Must have a BS / BA from an ABET accredited university with a major in Electrical Engineering or Science, or other related field by May 2020 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.