Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) is seeking a Manufacturing II Manager to lead strategic business growth initiatives and support the development, deployment and implementation of a comprehensive multi-year Operations Strategy that aligns with the business and enterprise priorities and goals. This position will be responsible for enabling operational success by leveraging best practices and a continuous improvement mindset while focusing on delivering superior and affordable solutions to the business.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading cross-functional initiatives to develop frameworks for strategic planning of IDS core and strategic capabilities, driving alignment of investments, manufacturing capacity, space utilization, and future technology to customer requirements and discriminating capabilities. The position will act as the primary interface in supporting facility concept development, design, requirements generation flow-down and modeling. The successful candidate will be expected to perform technical reviews and work with multi-disciplined teams across multiple locations to establish business cases and Return on Investment (ROI) analysis.
The Manufacturing Manager provides support across the Strategic Development, Operations, and Manufacturing Technology Capabilities areas. Responsibilities of this role include:
- Lead strategic growth critical initiatives in all phases of the project lifecycle
- Collaborate to develop Master Phasing and the Integrated Master Schedules to achieve program strategies, objectives and milestones
- Conduct technical reviews and evaluate project solicitations, proposals, quotes and proposed change requests
- Prepare and distribute project communications with customers, management and stakeholders
- Participate in the development, deployment and implementation of a comprehensive forward-looking multi-year Operations Strategy that aligns with the business and enterprise priorities and goals
- Act as the Operations interface for Strategy to Action development and implementation
- Support IDS's growth strategies and technical roadmaps
- Develop Requirements, Prepare Statements of Work, conduct market research and perform analysis on Return on Investments
- 8+ years of experience in manufacturing/engineering
- Ability to obtain security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship
- Successful and proven experience collaborating with multi-functional and cross-discipline teams
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Innovative mindset that drives continuous improvement and keeps pace with advances in technology
- Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with time-critical requirements
- Excellent self-management and organizational skills
- Effective communicator, able to build strong relationships and work with personnel at all organizational levels
- Demonstrated experience with program planning, budgeting, and tracking to cost and schedule
- Demonstrated experience setting up new factories and/or outfitting new manufacturing spaces
- Experience generating requirements for large scale projects
- Experience developing executive level presentations
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools (Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint), AutoCAD, Revit, 3D Studio Max, Process Simulate and reading blueprints
- Knowledge and ability to apply six sigma principles and techniques
- Six Sigma Certification
- BA degree in a related field or equivalent education and experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.