We are Missile Systems, a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets where you’ll be part of a diverse global team working together to solve some of the most demanding challenges on the planet.
We are seeking a professional engineer to assume a key role within the System Power, Analog and Controls Department.
Do you enjoy power converter design?
Do you have a strong desire to work on projects that are critical to the defense of our nation?
If your answers are yes, we are looking for you to join our team. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, as well as a comprehensive relocation package.
Design, analyze, simulate, and test power conversion circuitry potentially utilizing any standard non-isolated power conversion topologies (buck, boost, buck-boost). Analysis skills should include thermal considerations.
Guide Electronic Computer-Aided Design (ECAD) personnel through PWB layout of power circuitry and technical drawing creation.
Perform design work within the bounds of a given schedule.
Present reviews of technical data to program leadership and technical staff.
Note: This position can be an Electrical Engineer II or Sr. Electrical Engineer I based upon the applicant’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements of the position.
Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a Department of Defense issued Secret Security Clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCEMust have a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University, with a minimum of 2 years of professional experience. Accredited Mathematics and Physics BS degrees may also qualify with relevant experience.Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- Must have professional design, analysis, simulation, and test experience with linear converters, and any two of the following non-isolated converter topologies: buck, boost, buck-boost. Design scope must include stability.
- Must have professional design, analysis, and test experience with analog electronic design and analysis, including FET, BJT, and Op-amp circuits.
- Must have professional experience guiding Electronic Computer-Aided Design (ECAD) personnel through PWB layout of power circuitry and technical drawing creation (direct experience with such tools is adequate to fulfill this requirement).
- Must be able to design to meet concerns of adjacent disciplines, such as thermal, structural, mechanical, reliability, and quality.
Security:This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of any clearances and/or accesses necessary for the position. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at: Check us out on YouTube
- Design, analysis, and/or test experience with any of the following isolated converter topologies: flyback, half-bridge, full-bridge, and/or push-pull. Design scope will ideally include stability.
- Experience with performing circuit card assembly-level power architecture trades, and/or with system-level power architecture trades, including power converter specification development experience.
- Familiarity with circuit simulator SIMPLIS and/or analysis tool Mathcad.
- Experience with Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, and/or Hyperlynx.
- Experience with acting as a liaison between program and functional management.
- Experience with digital power control.
- Experience with military specifications.
- Experience with transformer and inductor design considerations.
- Design experience with Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI) concerns.
- Design experience with voltages > 400V and/or power > 10kW.
- Leadership experience.
- Experience with program management tools such as Earned Value.
- Experience with proposal development.
- Self-starter, a quick learner, ability to function in a dynamic environment with good time management skills.
- Strong teaming skills, and good communication skills and customer focused.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.