Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Colorado? Then join our Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Our facility in Aurora, CO offers amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, cafeteria, collaboration rooms and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work atIntelligence, Information and Services (IIS)!
Click here to view a brief video and learn more:
Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is seeking a Senior Principal Systems Engineer with experience in design, development, integration and sustainment of satellite ground systems including a broad knowledge of ground architectures, concept of operations, requirements and operations. Candidate must possess influential leadership skills to guide teams composed of program technical experts. The candidate will help lead both sustainment, training, and future evolution of the current operational ground segment.
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizens with a current/active TS/SCI w/CI poly.This position is eligible for a Sign on Bonus up to $40K for a candidate with a current TS/SCI that can be verified and hired at Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS).
- Provide technical impact assessments to customer Requests For Change (RFCs)
- Develop and effectively present briefing material to senior Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) leaders and customer
- Manage schedules and changes to ensure personnel have up to date and accurate information
- Support the development of capacity based capability and integration into currently deployed ground segment
- Lead team on projects producing upgrades, as directed by the Government.
- Analyze new and complex project related problems and create innovative solutions involving scheduling, methodology, and external support.
- Support Government customer to establish long- and short-range plans and objectives for release production, including candidate change prioritization and selection, systems integration and other related activities.
- Support the Government’s risk management processes, including risk identification and mitigation.
- Prepare and maintain SDRLs, as required.
- Interact with external community on requests for pursuit development, platform advocacy and contractual improvements, as well as CONOPs and requirements for future changes in conjunction with program leadership.
- Oversee plans, process development, and compliance IAW with Customer direction and the SOW.
- Ensure accurate flow-down of Systems Engineering Approach and Integration, Verification and Validation approach across the IPT.
- Perform systems engineering activities in support of on-going programs
- Work with external industry and Govt. stakeholders in the resolution of engineering systems issues
- Develop and maintain requirements for systems and subsystems
- Prepare for and conduct design reviews
- Work within and coordinate systems engineering activities across the customer, supplier and internal IPT
- Active Top Secret/SCI w/ CI Poly Level security clearance
- Bachelor degree and at least Ten (10+) years demonstrated experience in systems engineering, software engineering or related engineering discipline;
- Experience with following systems engineering functions:
-Requirements development and management
-Interface definition and control
-Integration and test to include test planning and procedure development
- 6+ years of engineering management experience with demonstrated engineering leadership
- Demonstrated self-starter – proactive in determining goals and objectives and pursuing the necessary course of action.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain good working relationship with all levels of the organization, including government customers, contractors, and program PMO/IPTs/CPTs;
- Demonstrated understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle in support of software development, avionics systems development or sustainment activities;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, Project, and PowerPoint;
- Demonstrated experience working directly with the customer
- Professionally represent Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) in external forums and customer reviews
- Operate with minimal oversight and direction by management
- Experience with requirements management using DOORS or similar requirements management tool
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle models (waterfall and Agile) and program lifecycle modes
- Ability to the identify, manage, and mitigate technical risk
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead/managed a multi-disciplinary project/team
- Six Sigma Certification
- Program Management Leadership Level 6 certified
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
- Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 10+ years relevant experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.