The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) program is developing the next-generation weather satellite system and operating the current weather satellite constellation to provide decision quality weather data to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the nation’s weather data users. Raytheon is developing, deploying, and sustaining the JPSS Command, Control, and Communications Segment (C3S), the Interface Data Processing Segment (IDPS), and the Field Terminal Segment (FTS). For more information on JPSS,
JPSS is seeking a highly motivated individual to provide Interface Data Processing Segment (IDPS) System Engineering support to the JPSS ground system at the NOAA Satellite Operations Facility (NSOF) in Suitland, Maryland. Successful candidate will perform operations support functions for the IDPS ground system during operations and sustainment activities.
This is an entry level position.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
Required Skills:Pass a national agency check for a Common Access Card.Desired Skills:Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance is desired.One or more of the below:
- Understanding the hardware and software baseline for IDPS.
- Learning and providing feedback on IDPS operations concepts.
- Serving as Member of Work Request Review Panel
- Assess severity of Work Requests.
- Track IDPS Ground System related Work Requests.
- Coordinate with factory on WRs assigned to factory for investigation/resolution.
- Respond to work requests as assigned.
- Performing all tasks allocated from the Operations Director.
- Support System Upgrade technical activities.
- As directed, configure system resources to support mission operations, training and maintenance activities.
- Develop procedures, scripts, and processes required for mission success.
- Providing technical support to O&S management.
- Though the position is normally required to work normal staff hours, the successful candidate must be able to provide occasional off-hour and weekend work to support ground system troubleshooting and system anomaly restoral.
One or more of:
- Some Satellite Data Processing systems experience…normally not more than two years for an entry level req.
- Experience with complex, distributed ground systems including satellite ground station equipment and procedures, network (LAN/WAN) architecture, protocols, equipment, or computer operating systems (Unix/LINUX), Microsoft® Windows® 7+).
- Satellite data processing knowledge / experience.
Required Education (including Major):BS Degree in Computer Science, Space Operations, Computer Technology, Math, Physics, EE or other STEM degree .OrEight years relevant experience can be substituted for a degree.This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Integration and Test experience,
- Knowledge of software / system test and validation processes,
- Standard operations procedures (SOP) development and validation,
- Experience with remote sensing data analysis using MatLab, ENVI, or equivalent.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.