Innovative technologies. Superior solutions. Outstanding opportunities:
We are Missile Systems, a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets where you’ll be part of a diverse global team working together to solve some of the most demanding challenges on the planet.
Bring your talent and skills to the following RMS organization:
Missile Systems Engineering provides engineering design, integration and cradle-to grave support to Missiles, Smart munitions, Projectiles, Kinetic kill vehicles, and Directed energy weapons with combat system competencies including process and control, integration and test, power systems, multiple system electronics, receivers and exciters, antennas and microwave subassemblies.
Discover a place where your aspirations match your goals.
Where talented people can make an impact.
Where challenges are a daily occurrence and rewards always follow
Perform Electronic Component ECAD/PCB/EDA librarian tasks supporting programs in the proposal and production phases. Interfacing with National ECAD Library team, ECAD/PCB Layout Design Engineers, Product Development Engineers, Component Engineers, Program Management, Engineering and project leads, external electronic component manufacturers and other related disciplines. The majority of this position will be to create ECAD/PCB/EDA library elements including electronic schematic diagram symbols and PCB footprint cells using the Mentor Graphics Expedition/xDM tool suite utilizing vendor datasheets as well as industry and company standards.
U.S. Citizenship is required
- A Minimum of six years of technical working knowledge of electronic components including semiconductors, passive components and electromechanical commodities and their applications
- A minimum of six years of experience in ECAD/PCB/EDA library development
- Experience with a parts request system and library management practices
- Understanding of the ECAD/PCB layout design processes
- Experience with Microsoft Windows including standard business application software (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
Required Education (including Major):Bachelor’s degree required - Electrical, Industrial or Computer Engineering, or similar relevant technology STEM) degree. A minimum of 6 years relevant experience.This position requires the ability to obtain and hold a DoD secret security clearance.This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of any clearances and/or accesses necessary for the position. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at:
- Experience in ECAD/PCB layout design and end user best practices
- Knowledge of one or more tools from the Mentor Graphics suite (xDM, DMS, Expedition. DXdatabook, Design Architect/Boardstation) or other related ECAD/EDA software tools
- Knowledge of PCB/CCA fabrication and board manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of MIL specs and standards related to library development
- Knowledge of ECAD library management practices and ECAD Library development principles to minimize design risks and hazards
- Understanding of IPC-7351 standard land patterns and/or other footprint calculation methods and standards or automation development tool
- Current Department of Defense Security Clearance
- Working knowledge of UNIX or LINUX OS commands and editors
- Effective communication skills and ability to work with and take directions from Functional Management, Component Engineers, Sr. ECAD Librarians, Product Development Engineer, ECAD/PCB Design Layout Engineers and varying levels of related engineering disciplines
- Ability to produce and evaluate high quality deliverables as well as receive feedback from peers for improvements to work quality on a regular basis
- Ability to interpret component manufacturer’s datasheets including electrical, functional and mechanical data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as strong customer interaction skills using a variety of communication methodologies including Email, telephone, instant messaging and video conferencing
- Knowledge of operating system concepts and implementations as well as networked services including collaboration tools and documentation collections
- Ability to navigate multiple complex specifications, processes and tools.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and shift from one task to another as priorities dictate
- Self-starter that is comfortable with and knows when to ask questions or ask for help
Huntsville is known as the Rocket City due to the development of rockets supporting the space program. It is the home to the U.S. Space and Rocket Center and NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center, the Missile Defense Agency, and the Army’s Aviation and Missile Command on the Redstone Arsenal. Missile Systems is located in the Cummings Research Park ( ) which is the 2nd Largest Research Park (26,000 employees) in the United States. Huntsville is the fastest growing city in the state of Alabama and boasts great infrastructure with wonderful commute times (one way commute 19 minutes). With all of the recent growth, many new developments and construction are underway close to Cummings Research Park:
Huntsville area information:
Rocket City Information
Huntsville Chamber of Commerce
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.