The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) Product Technology Center (PTC) is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer with strong Digital Electronics design and analysis skills to join our team.
The Mission of the PTC is to develop best in industry technologies that align product capabilities
to the needs of our customer. We will empower our people to leverage design commonality and innovation, balancing risk and rigor, to achieve predictable and affordable solutions.
We are looking for candidates willing to collaborate, innovate, and team with our engineers to generate and utilize today’s cutting-edge technology to design digital electronics circuits that implement missile guidance, video and digital signal processing. Our technology base includes high-speed digital electronics, configurable logic and Multi-core processor designs.
The Mission Computers and Processors Department provides digital electronic circuit cards and electronic units which are supported from proposal through transition to production. Our systems are subject to environments ranging from the frigid, sub-zero vacuum of space, to the blistering heat of the desert floor, to the high pressures of the ocean depths.
Please Note: This position can be a Sr. Electrical Engineer II or Principal Electrical Engineer based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
Senior Designer or Electrical Engineer to contribute to the design, analysis, simulation, test, and integration of digital electronic modules and/or CCAs for Missile applications. The Senior Electrical Engineer must be experienced in all aspects of circuit card design from concept through delivery to higher level assemblies as evidenced by multiple successful design completions (including hardware designs with processors, FPGAs, memory, and industry interfaces, such as PCIe, Ethernet, I2C, UART). This position will function in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects. This person will be the Responsible Engineering Authority (REA) for development of one or more complex modules, CCAs or units.
The position requires frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, concepts and techniques. Candidates will be provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, working under general supervision.
U.S Citizenship required
- Active Secret DoD security clearance (U.S. Citizenship is required) or the ability to obtain and retain one.
- Minimum of 6 years Engineering design experience and a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- Ability to prioritize work of others and handle multiple tasks at a time
- Experience in the development and design of electronic circuit designs, multi-assembly system/unit design, processor designs a plus
- Proven ability to take a design concept from the block diagram or requirements level and develop a complete hardware design, and verifying via test and integration
- Experience with PCB design tasks and proven ability to use tools to design (schematic capture), analyze and simulate designs prior to hardware execution.
- Experience with embedded test techniques, design for test, design margin analysis and design for production.
- Experience in managing schedule and resources to meet assigned milestones
Required Education (including Major):Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum 6 years of relevant experience or similar degree. MS in Electrical Engineering preferred.This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of any clearances and/or accesses necessary for the position. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at:Huntsville is known as the Rocket City due to the development of rockets supporting the space program. It is the home to the U.S. Space and Rocket Center and NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center, the Missile Defense Agency, and the Army’s Aviation and Missile Command on the Redstone Arsenal. is located in the Cummings Research Park () which is the 2nd Largest Research Park (26,000 employees) in the United States. Huntsville is the fastest growing city in the state of Alabama and boasts great infrastructure with wonderful commute times (one way commute 19 minutes). With all of the recent growth, many new developments and construction are underway close to Cummings Research Park:Huntsville area information:
- Experience using Mentor Graphics Design Creation tools: DxDesigner, xDX Designer VX, and Constraint Editor System (CES)
- Experience using Mentor Graphics PCB electronic circuit design software: HyperLynx signal integrity, power integrity, and analog simulation, Xpedition Enterprise (xPCB)
- Experience with intellectual property generation (patents & publications)
- Team and project leadership skills
- Knowledge of software and/or FPGA code development
- Experience leading a program transition from development to production
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical and schedule risks and to identify cost reduction opportunities
- A self-motivated and effective communicator
- Knowledgeable in cost/schedule development and management
- A strong advocate for process improvement
- Capable of functioning in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple project
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.