One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place…..
Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) offers an innovative and inclusive culture; welcoming diversity and collaboration and providing numerous opportunities for career growth.
The Systems Architecture Design and Integration Directorate (SADID) is the central focus for Mission Systems Integration activities within Integrated Defense Systems (IDS). The more than 1,100 employees of SADID provide requirements definition and design at the system, subsystem and component level every day in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual, problem solving in a team setting, consensus oriented solutions, and results based recognition. Supporting this mission are teams providing domain expertise and creative solutions in surveillance, naval and missile defense based radar system design, sonar and undersea sensor system design, integrated air and missile defense systems engineering, command and control/battle management system design, combat system and platform architecture design and integration, operational analysis and simulation modeling research and development, software intensive system engineering, cyber solutions and algorithm development for signal processing, tracking and discrimination systems. SADID welcomes you to join our tradition of achieving excellence through thought and team work while leveraging individual diversity conducive to a flexible work schedule and environment.
Join this highly visible team and perform technically challenging assignments which will directly contribute to protecting our nation and our war fighters.
SADID is seeking engineering professionals for full time Systems Engineering positions in the Maritime Systems (MS) department. The department leads all aspects of Systems Engineering that drive the development of complex systems that support the IDS Seapower Capability Systems (SCS) business area and the U.S. Navy’s missions.
This position as located in St Petersburg, FL is to perform Systems Engineering tasks such as:
Tasks will primarily support the U.S. Navy’s Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC) program, a real-time ‘sensor-netting’ system that brings together radar data into a single integrated air picture from geographically dispersed ships, aircraft and ground-based units. Position may require occasional travel.Required Skills:
- Systems Engineering Studies / Trades to determine solutions to technical issues
- System Requirements Definition, Analysis, and Maintenance for US Navy System
- System Design & Algorithm Development
- System Integration, Test, and Analysis; to include occasional travel
- Work in coordination with the Program office to support customer Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or Physics with minimum of 4(+) years of experience
- Experience in requirements development, algorithm development, or modeling and simulation
- Solution oriented individual who has initiative and can communicate technical details effectively (Good written and oral communication skills)
- Ability to produce and present technical documentation including customer briefings and specifications
- Active SECRET Clearance, or Interim SECRET
Required Education (including Major):
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science
- Experience supporting US Navy and/or DoD customers
- Experience working on larger DoD software development and maintenance programs
- Experience integrating combat systems and/or radar systems
- Experience with MATLAB and/or Simulink programming languages for performance predictions and data analysis
- Kalman Filters, Brownian Motion, and Gaussian random models
- Experience with Radar Tracking/Sensor Fusion and/or Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence
- Experience with C/C++ programming languages
- Experience with DOORS tool
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering: SysML, Rhapsody and/or MagicDraw
- Technical leadership experience
- Familiar with Hardware Integration
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.At IDS, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by IDS employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.We have been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more. What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, IDS offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits IDS offers include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with IDS’s Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or Physics or related discipline
IDS is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.