IT Systems Administrator I or II
Integrated Defense Systems
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at IDS, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by IDS employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Our IT organization ensures that IDS teammates across the globe are able to communicate, collaborate and innovate for customer success. We create leading-edge technology solutions to prevent security threats, protect the integrity of our systems and support the IDS IT infrastructures around the world.
System Administrators collaborate with a diverse team to support fast-paced, critical programs with classified information system capabilities. Success in this role means you are able to develop, implement and maintain secure, cost-efficient environments across various classified programs. Program teams rely on your collaboration and guidance to define computing requirements and create end-to-end solutions to solve complex IT infrastructure problems.
This role will include, but is not limited to tasks like the following:
Please note that an active U.S. Dept. of Defense (DoD) Secret Security Clearance is required as of day one of employment, except in rare cases, only US Citizens are eligible to obtain Security Clearances.Capped Budget relocation is available to the selected applicant if they are eligible per company policy & the amount will be discussed at the appropriate stage of the hiring process.This position can be filled as either a G06 or G07 depending on the qualification of the selected candidate. As an professional Systems Administrator, you must have at least 4 years of professional experience in Lieu of degree to be considered for a G06 role.
- Collaborate with partners to define computing requirements and create end-to-end solutions consisting of hardware and operating system technologies
- Integrate and partner with programs to solve complex infrastructure problems
- Assure a high level of reliability and performance through systems monitoring and infrastructure management
- Respond to online service requests from users
- Ensure server and application compliance with security and performance requirements (DFARS, RMF, NIST Cybersecurity Framework)
- Install, Convert, and upgrade systems
- Develop, revise, and maintain technical and operational documentation (including procedures) to continually improve our computing environments
- Maintain and grow your technical competence in multiple areas (such as Windows, Linux, virtualization, User Authentication, DNS, NFS, system imaging/build automation)
- Assist in developing the overall performance and capability of your technical team through mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Potential for domestic or international travel
Required Skills & Experience:
- 1-2 years minimum total professional experience as an IT professional with Bachelor's degree.
- 1–2 years’ experience working with Windows operating systems, including Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 2013 - 2016 Server
- Must possess US DoD Secret Security Clearance, except in rare cases, only US Citizens are eligible to obtain US Security clearances from the DoD.
HIGHLY Desired skills and attributes:
- Security+ certification or willingness to obtain within 1 year of employment.
Other Desired Skills & Experience:
- Working knowledge of other Unix-based operating systems (e.g. Solaris, Irix)
- Working knowledge of virtual computing technologies
- Working knowledge of thin client technologies
- Working knowledge of Host-Based Security System (HBSS)
- Working knowledge or data storage and backup technologies
- Good communication skills
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- BS/BA Degree in a professional technical field preferred. BS in a non-technical field must be combined with significant and directly applicable experience in IT or Technical Management/leadership. 4 years for G06, 6 years for a G07. At the manager's discretion after learning more about the applicant's knowledge and experience during a behavioral based interview.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, IDS offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits IDS offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules (9/80 schedule, please note that this is NOT a part time role), achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.