*** Offering up to a 20K sign on bonus***
Seeking a motivated Systems Test Engineer to perform and witness the testing (SW FQT) and then to participate in system level testing of an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) ground control system. The role includes support of the verification and validation of the ground control system within a larger Systems Engineering team to include interaction with the program prime contractor. The candidate should be knowledgeable of the Systems Engineering life-cycle, proficient in Test Engineering, and able to work collaboratively with other engineering disciplines through all phases of formal test and delivery. The candidate will be based at the prime contractor facility, reporting to and taking direction from the subcontractor responsible for the ground control system.
- Perform test activities in support of on-going programs.
- Work with external industry and Government stakeholders in the resolution of engineering systems issues.
- Review or develop test strategies and procedures
- Coordinate test engineering activities across the customer, supplier and internal IPT.
- Review assessment of requirements specifications and requirements traceability and verification using tools like DOORS
- Apply communication, analytic and problem-solving skills to identify, communicate and resolve issues
- Act as independent witness for software FQT, ensuring quality of test and accuracy of recorded results
- Lead small test teams exercising feature level capability and coordinate customer selloff
- Attends technical interchange meetings with team members and multiple disciplines
- Provides status on assigned tasks.
- Minimum of 6 years prior system software test engineering experience
- Solid understanding of engineering and system testing
- Experience verifying complex systems involving software, infrastructure, networking and cybersecurity
- Ability to communicate and document any requirement impacts as a result of system testing
- Development of test plans and procedures;
- Must exhibit good time management skills and self-motivation; focus on customer service;
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and sound problem solving skills;
- Ability to work with the other technical members of the team to administer and support the overall program
- Enthusiastic & energetic performer able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, & high visibility environment
- Experience testing Global Hawk or other UAV C2 systems
- UAV or Aviation domain knowledge
- Experience with leading small teams on tasks within a larger program
- Willingness to travel periodically to Dulles, VA
Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related STEM technical discipline.
This position requires a U.S. Person
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.