Raytheon Company is looking for a Systems Administrator in the McLean, VA area. The right candidate shall be able to conduct end-to-end strategic and operational management of the Windows infrastructure and client/server operations to include installation, administration, provisioning, patching, software integration, and process automation. Make software, system, and configuration recommendations based on the needs and performance goals of the end users. Provide engineering and design support for the operation of server, desktop, and application virtualization technologies.
Candidate shall have a minimum of twelve (12) years of experience including but not limited to:
Required Education (including Major):
- Designing, implementing and maintaining Windows client/server environments including provisioning, configuration management, automated patching, software deployment, and hardening
- Minimum of 10 yrs. experience managing and administrating Windows servers including a minimum of 3 yrs. utilizing System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to deploy applications and automate system updates
- Minimum of 2 yrs. experience with virtualization architecture and design
- Proven experience creating, implementing, and maintaining Windows PowerShell scripts for process automation, infrastructure monitoring, and proactive reporting
- Proven experience in all aspects of managing large Active Directory environments including the use of Group Policy for centralized management and configuration of system and to enforce security controls
- Knowledge of GIS product suites from ESRI
- Windows networking, including CIFS, Active Directory, DNS, and DFS
- Monitoring and configuration management tools including Nagios and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Deployment and administration of Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
- Demonstrated knowledge of application delivery mechanisms including XenApp,RemoteApp and SCCM
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of virtual application deployment mechanisms including Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V), VMware Thinapp, and Cirix XenApp
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of information security principles including Operating System hardening techniques
- Experience working with server hardware in a datacenter
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated troubleshooting skills
- Automation and scripting. Candidate shall possess knowledge and experience in:
- Designing, operating, and maintaining complex Windows/UNIX/LINUX client/server environments including all aspects of Operating System and application lifecycle support to include automated provisioning, configuration, and patching;
- Operating and administering multi domain, multi forest Windows Active Directory environments including authorization and access control, DNS, CIFS, and policy orchestration
- Maintaining awareness of technical trends and should have experience analyzing and recommending commercially available software and systems as well as the proven ability to incorporate this new technology into the infrastructure.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess a TS/SCI Clearance with favorable Polygraph and be eligible for crossover.
- BS degree and eight (8) years of relevant experience
- Eight (8) years of experience can be substituted for a degree for a minimum total of sixteen (16) years of experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.