Missile Systems, a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civilian markets, is seeking an experienced Principal Electrical Engineer for the RF Products & Technologies Department. This organization is responsible for designing state-of-the-art antenna, radome, antenna measurement systems and back-end processing hardware.
The candidate will be responsible for leading and shaping antenna, radome, and antenna measurement system technology within the Company. The selected candidate will also be expected to lead diverse teams, provide technical oversight, delegate tasks, and work with the Engineering organization to establish technology roadmaps, enable modernization, and contribute to general innovation. In addition, the candidate will work with government personnel and programs, and define and refine requirements to validate hardware compliance. The candidate will be responsible for providing guidance, coaching, mentoring, and training to other employees across the business within the candidate’s areas of expertise.
Please note: This position can be a Sr. Electrical Engineer I or Sr. Electrical Engineer II based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and responsibility requirements for the position.
Required Experience and Skills:
Must be a US citizen
Required Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s of Science (BS) in math, engineering, science or related technical field. A degree in Electrical Engineering preferred. Desired Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of four (4) years of applicable experience focused on designing, modeling, analyzing, and testing antennas and/or radomes
- Technical leadership experience with capture/pursuit experience, including contribution or authoring of white papers, RFI responses, proposal of technical volumes, or related experience
- Strong experience managing and presenting technical data to stakeholders and customers in design reviews and technical interchange meetings
- Strong experience designing and delivering state of the art antenna designs
- Must have or be able to obtain, at a minimum, an active DoD Secret Clearance
This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of any clearances and/or accesses necessary for the position. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at: Check us out on YouTube
- Masters of Science (MS) or PhD in electrical engineering
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities from multiple sources
- Strong interpersonal skills working in a team environment with positive interaction
- Demonstrated ability to put forth and drive technical execution plans
- Knowledgeable of management processes, such as IPDS, EVMS, etc.
- Experience presenting to FRB, ERB, CCB, MRB, etc.
- Understanding of near-field-to-far-field processing algorithms
- Ability to design near-field-to-far-field processing algorithms
- Understanding of complex threat environments and battlefields
- Experience designing datalink and telemetry systems
- Experience designing GPS systems
- Experience with being a Cost Account Manager or Integrate Product Team Lead
- Proficiency with Python, MATAB and/or other high level scientific programming languages
- Proficiency with high performance computing (HPC) and parallel computing
- Proficiency with modeling & simulation tools. such as HFSS, CST, and GRASP
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.