The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) Product Technology Center (PTC) is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer with strong digital electronics design and analysis skills to join our team.
The Mission of the PTC is to develop best in industry technologies that align product capabilities to the needs of our customer. We empower our people to leverage design commonality and innovation, balancing risk and rigor, to achieve predictable and affordable solutions.
We are looking for candidates willing to collaborate, innovate, and team with our engineers to generate and utilize today’s cutting-edge technology to design digital electronics circuits that implement missile guidance, video and digital signal processing. Our technology base includes high-speed digital electronics, configurable logic, and homogeneous / heterogeneous multiprocessor designs.
The Mission Computers and Processors Department designs digital electronic circuit cards and electronic units which are supported from proposal through transition to production. Our systems are subject to environments ranging from the frigid, sub-zero vacuum of space, to the blistering heat of the desert floor, to the high pressures of the ocean depths.
The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for the design, analysis, simulation, test, and integration of digital electronic modules and/or CCAs for Missile applications. The candidate must be experienced in all aspects of circuit card design including hardware designs with processors, FPGAs, memory, and industry interfaces, such as PCIe, Ethernet, I2C, UART. This position will function in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects. This person will be the Responsible Engineering Authority (REA) for development of one or more complex modules, CCAs or units. This position will interface with Integrated Product Team Leads (IPTL) and stake holders.
The position utilizes detailed circuit design techniques, principles and concepts. Candidates develop solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, working under general supervision. Candidate will work in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment.
Please Note: This position can be a Sr. Electrical Engineer II or Principal Electrical Engineer based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.Desired Skills:
- Active Secret DoD security clearance (U.S. Citizenship is required) or the ability to obtain and retain one.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering. Will consider degrees in Computer Engineering and Electrical Engineering Technology.
- Minimum of 6 years engineering digital design experience
- Experience in the development and design of electronic circuit designs, multi-assembly system/unit design, processor designs a plus
- Experience in taking a design concept from the block diagram or requirements level to development of a complete hardware design, and verification via test and integration
- Experience with PCB design process and expertise in tools used to design (schematic capture), analyze and simulate designs prior to hardware execution.
- Experience with hardware design for natural space radiation environments in LEO, MEO and/or GEO orbits
- Experience with hardware design for man-made or hostile endoatmospheric and/or exoatmospheric radiation environments including electromagnetic pulse
- Familiarity with MIL-STD-1809, Space Environment for USAF Space Vehicles, requirements
This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of any clearances and/or accesses necessary for the position. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Check us out on YouTube:
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience using Mentor Graphics Design Creation tools: DxDesigner, xDX Designer VX, and Expedition
- Experience with embedded test techniques, design for test, design margin analysis and design for production
- Experience in managing schedule and resources to meet assigned milestones
- Capable of functioning in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects
- A strong advocate for process improvement
- Constraint Editor System (CES)
- Experience using Mentor Graphics PCB electronic circuit design software: HyperLynx signal integrity, power integrity, and analog simulation, Xpedition Enterprise (xPCB)
- Experience with intellectual property generation (patents & publications)
- Team and project leadership skills
- Knowledge of software and/or FPGA code development
- Experience leading a program transition from development to production
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical and schedule risks and to identify cost reduction opportunities
- Knowledgeable in cost/schedule development and management
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.