We are Missile Systems, a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets where you’ll be part of a diverse global team working together to solve some of the most demanding challenges on the planet.
We are seeking a professional engineer to assume a key role within the System Power, Analog and Controls Department.
Do you enjoy power converter design?
Do early-career engineers come to you for technical guidance?
Do you have a strong desire to work on projects that are critical to the defense of our nation?
If your answers are yes, we are looking for you to join our team. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, as well as a comprehensive relocation package.
JOB DESCRIPTION/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Design, analyze, simulate, and test power conversion circuitry potentially utilizing any standard power conversion topologies (non-isolated and isolated) with the main emphasis on board mounted power end use applications. Analysis skills should include thermal considerations.
Architect circuit card-level power schemes and develop related requirements.
Guide Electronic Computer-Aided Design (ECAD) personnel through PWB layout of power circuitry and technical drawing creation.
Perform design work within the bounds of a given schedule, and sometimes define the schedule.
Present reviews of technical data to program leadership and technical staff, and guide junior engineers in honing this skill.
Note: This position can be a Sr. Electrical Engineer II or Principal Electrical Engineer based upon the applicant’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements of the position.
Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a Department of Defense issued Secret Security Clearance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/WORK EXPERIENCE
- Must have professional design, analysis, simulation, and test experience with linear converters, and any two of the following non-isolated converter topologies: buck, boost, buck-boost.
- Must also have robust conceptual familiarity with any two of the following isolated converter topologies: flyback, half-bridge, full-bridge, push-pull. Design scope must include stability.
- Must have professional design, analysis, and test experience with analog electronic design and analysis, including FET, BJT, and Op-amp circuits.
- Must have professional experience with performing circuit card assembly-level power architecture trades, including power converter specification development experience.
- Must have professional experience guiding Electronic Computer-Aided Design (ECAD) personnel through PWB layout of power circuitry and technical drawing creation (direct experience with such tools is adequate to fulfill this requirement).
- Experience in predicting parameter degradation in rad-hard environments.
- Experience in modelling transient effects in rad-hard environments.
- Familiarity with reading and applying the results of radiation test reports.
- Understanding of space environments.
- Understanding of man-made radiation environments.
- Understanding of X and Gamma rays, and how they apply to rad-hard designs.
- Experience with designing rad hard circumvention and recovery techniques.
- Knowledge of how to handle single event latch up.
- Understanding the design implications of ionizing does vs single event effects.
Must have a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University, with a minimum of 6 years of professional experience. Accredited Mathematics and Physics BS degrees may also qualify with relevant experience.
- Familiarity with circuit simulator SIMPLIS and/or analysis tool Mathcad.
- Experience with Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, and/or Hyperlynx.
- Experience with acting as a liaison between program and functional management.
- Experience with digital power control.
- Experience with military specifications.
- Experience with transformer and inductor design considerations.
- Design experience with Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI) concerns.
- Design experience with voltages > 400V and/or power > 10kW.
- Leadership experience.
- Experience with program management tools such as Earned Value.
- Experience with proposal development.
- Must be a self-starter, a quick learner, be able to function in a dynamic environment, and have good time management skills.
- Must have strong teaming skills, and good communication skills.
- Must be customer-focused.
- Must be able to design to meet concerns of adjacent disciplines, such as thermal, structural, mechanical, reliability, and quality.
This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of any clearances and/or accesses necessary for the position. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at:
Check us out on YouTube
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.