Solution Architects perform a leadership role in bid and proposal development for scientific, engineering and business programs and systems for both business development and operations. Candidate will envision and sell innovative and compelling mission-focused solutions for KBR's customers in Engineering, Science, Mission Operations, and IT domains. Candidate may collaborate with technical staff on programs to identify and assess capabilities and performance in support of business growth and operational excellence.
- Defining the solution and technical approach as the lead architect for new business initiatives.
- Solution scope may include business, scientific, engineering, IT, and cyber security applications and programs. Solution Architects lead the development of integrated solutions that may span scope areas.
- Solutions may include full life cycle activities, encompassing requirements, design and development as well as mission operations and systems O&M.
- Solution architects work with Business Operations, Program Management and Business Development stakeholders to define key requirements / challenges and needs.
- Identify solution alternatives, select and market competitive solutions with a view to winning new business and growing contract portfolio.
- Leads and creates proposal written and graphical content.
- Estimates all costs for labor, material, and other expenses required for proposed solutions.
- Develops basis of estimate and cost models for technical work scopes (including project management, design, development, testing, deployment, mission operations, O&M, service delivery management).
- Leads the development of the overall solution, including coordinating business, teammates, proposal and technical subject matter experts.
- Identifies partners and teammates to support efforts, develops SOWs and requirements for teaming and subcontractor agreements.
- Presents technical solutions both at internal step reviews and design workshops and in oral presentations to customers.
- Organizes and leads the technical work required to create compelling solutions, including identifying, acquiring, leading, motivating the technical team.
- Interfaces with development, account and executive management to develop and grow their portfolio of solutions and offerings and to increase company productivity and profits.
- Provides leadership and strategic guidance during the solution development process to ensure bridging of the gap between our clients' challenges and the benefits available from companies solutions and services.
- Interfaces with programs and delivery teams to ensure that corporate experience, best practices, product and capabilities are leveraged correctly.
- Ensures that capture technical budgets are adhered to and optimally utilized.
- Researches existing business and technical environment including trends, best practices, partnerships, and capabilities to ensure proposed solutions match business trends.
- Interfaces and participates in business development discussions across cross-functional teams and internal and external executive managements to ensure consistency in solution development and implementation.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .