Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech is seeking Top Talent as a Safety Operations Manager to support our Air Force and Space Division.
Clearance: Active Secret Clearance
Location: Patrick AFB, FL
The Operations Safety Supervisor will:
- Supervise the performance of Eastern Range launch contractor hazardous and safety critical operations to ensure compliance with range requirements.
- Conduct operational reviews of launch contractor procedures.
- Identify and analyze applicable safety standards and precautions.
- Train and mentor other safety professionals.
- Prepare safety documentation, as directed, to facilitate the operational implementation of System Safety programs of launch systems and weapon programs at launch ranges, such as Operational Safety Plans, Explosive Safety Plans, Safety Operations Plans, Safety Checklists, Trip Reports and Incident Reports.
- Support Emergency Operations Center (EOC), when directed.
- High School Diploma
- Five or more years of experience in missile, explosives or armament/weapons testing and operations, including the handling of explosives or propellants, monitoring of safety performance, and the administration of facility safety inspections at missile processing and launch sites, or similar facilities
- US Citizenship
- Secret Clearance
- Experience with CCAFS NAVY, ULA and/or Space X Launch Processing Facilities and Ground Systems to include, Navy Wharfs, HIF/SLC-37, VIF/SLC-41, ITL, SLC-40 and SLC-39 HIGHLY DESIRED.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated. Willingness to cross-train into other sections when available/requested.
- Work as an integral team member of the SE&I Team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and commercial business applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Work independently and function effectively with dynamic team
- Ability to support challenging workflow as dictated by customer needs (off-shift / weekends, extended shifts up to 12 hours maximum)
- Able to access/egress all work areas associated with Eastern Range launch and associated facilities
- Able to travel (25-30%) to factory work locations.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.