Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech is recruiting highly talented Falcon Quality Engineers, Structures with skills and background related to launch vehicle Falcon Quality Engineer, Structures, to help the Air Force redefine the future of National Security Space Launch (NSSL), bringing new Launch Service Providers such as SpaceX in to the Air Force NSSL portfolio.
We are seeking experienced and energetic candidates to join our world-class team in Hawthorne, CA. This position supports Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) certification and validation of SpaceX's Falcon rockets being used to provide launch services for NSS missions.
Join our ManTech team of highly talented engineers as a Quality Engineer with skills and background related to space launch vehicle design, manufacturing, and/or operations.
- Supports Air Force certifications/verifications of SpaceX Falcon rocket through external audits and oversight of processes and products at SpaceX in Hawthorne, CA.
- Requires a high level of experience (at least 8 years) involving producibility or manufacture of complex products; application of modern quality principals and methods including: quality management system standards, product and process controls, measurement and test, audits, statistical applications, corrective and preventive actions, and lean manufacturing to perform the complex tasks required for Falcon certification.
- Responsible for reporting assessment and evaluation results to senior program managers and customer representatives.
- Interface with a multi-disciplined team consisting of multiple Contractors and team members.
- Work with launch vehicle provider to schedule and track audits to be performed during rocket certification activities.
- Develop products such data tables, audit checklists, presentations, and reports status to the customer.
- Compile and present weekly status charts of team to AF leadership.
- Complete perform audits and audit checklists in preparation for Engineering Review Boards and design reviews.
- Interface with customer, design engineers, project manager, and production personnel.
- Conduct assessments and evaluations/ audits of manufacturing products and processes per applicable military and industry/commercial standards, and/or Launch Service Provider company standards to meet certification objectives and document these results/findings for government review and concurrence.
- Work closely with other Quality & Manufacturing and design engineers to support as-designed and as-built verification.
- Establish and maintain configuration control associated with the manufacturing baseline.
- Ensure each launch service provider performs physical configuration audits by following established/standardized processes.
- Bachelors degree or higher in a relevant subject such as Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering, and 8-10 years of relevant experience.
- Strong background in Structures and Vehicle Engineering of launch vehicles in the context of manufacturing and equipment integration of structures, systems and sub-systems.
- Proficient in MS Office suite, specifically MS Power Point and MS Excel.
- Ability to obtain a secret security clearance.
- Frequent travel required to Los Angeles Air Force Base.
- Occasional travel to Vandenberg AFB, Cape Canaveral AFS, suppliers, and other sites.
- 8-10 years of experience with BS and experience involving quality engineering, production or manufacture of complex products; application of modern quality principles and methods including: quality management system standards, product and process controls, measurement and test, audits, statistical applications, corrective and preventive actions, and lean manufacturing.
- Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure.
- Multi-Tasking Ability.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, interpersonal skills, listening with oral and written communication Skills, leadership skills and organizational skills.
- Initiative, sound judgment, effective decision-making, successful collaboration with multiple agencies and personnel, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve quality issues effectively.
- Certified Quality Engineers (CQE) certified by the American Society for Quality, or equivalent certification.
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) training.
- Experience with space-qualified parts fabrication and assembly.
- Experience with manufacturing-based ERP systems.
- Master's Degree desirable.
- Active secret security clearance (strongly preferred).
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.