We are currently seeking a Linux Systems Administrator III in Annapolis Junction, MD to support an ongoing long term effort for our government client.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Lead the effort to set-up, configure, and load system software and hardware
- Provide system administration support of computers, servers, racks of equipment and figure/manage LAN interfaces
- Provide support for web development, testing, system integration, installation scripts and other duties to support systems and network infrastructure
Candidate must be willing and able to:
- be on-call to support mission critical work
- interface with agency and non-agency sites via emails/phone to walk them through hands-on troubleshooting
- work flexible hours, staying until the job is completed (mission is restored)
- BS plus + 10 yrs related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ten years’ experience with installation, maintenance, administration, and trouble shooting of LAN, computer hardware and software
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph REQUIRED
- Strong Linux experience; scripting experience (at least with bsh), and working with Puppet, LDAP, Vmware, and/or other virtual machine environments (like Redhat KVM), as well as IBM BladeCenters
- Development experience in the Linux environment
- Comfortable updating files, installing/ updating software (YUM/RPM)
- Strong Linux trouble-shooting skills - knowledge of various Linux logs
- Need to have at least a functional working knowledge of Cisco networks as successful candidate will have to correct network issues on the fly when the Network Engineer is not available
- Experience performing and assisting with equipment specification, setup, problem resolution, and network support related to computer hardware and software
- Need to have solid hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience
- Experience providing assistance to users; Experience optimizing system operations; Experience ensuring compliance with licensing agreements and system currency.
- Experience working with highly complex systems administration, database administration, and landscape maintenance
- Experience working with company products and services
- Experience working with company and client documentation and storage procedures
- Experience working with highly complex system implementations and organizational processes
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.