General Dynamics Information Technology, we deliver cost-effective, next-generation IT solutions and services to the Department of Defense, the intelligence community and federal civilian agencies as they modernize their information systems. Together, we are committed to a stronger and better future for America through next-generation thinking made real today. Think Next. Now. Tomorrow’s promises, delivered today. We are currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer in Egg Harbor Township, NJ to join our team. In this role you will be a change agent by working on the TFM2 contract. TFM2 provides modernization and life cycle support of Information Technology infrastructure that host national implementation of the FAA's Traffic Flow Management (TFM) functionality. It also focuses on long term engineering services and the development of new functional enhancements that increase the capability of Traffic Flow Management.
Must be clearable for a position of public trust and standard background investigation check.
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Troubleshoot high-level technical and non-technical issues
- Assist senior engineers and field service engineering staff
- Create and maintain system architecture and troubleshooting documentation
- Monitor, analyze, & report information on system performance; identify inefficiencies, issues, and bottlenecks
- Prepare plans and assessments, such as management engineering plans, integrated support plans , meeting presentations and implementation plans
- Model system behavior through functional flows and functional descriptions
- Develop integrated system requirements and proposed design solutions
- Research and documents analysis in technical reports and presents findings and recommendations to meet program requirements
- Anticipate and addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility and multiple platforms
- Troubleshoot and resolve performance problems
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree( in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field is preferred) + 10yrs. related experience
- Extensive experience with performing engineering and/or scientific research, studies and analyses of specified technological, scientific, programmatic and operational issues
- Demonstrate vast strength in solving complex problems
- Experience utilizing systems engineering and work management tools such as Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS)
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexible schedule
- Interpersonal skills to interact with team members and customers
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to travel when needed
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.