We are looking for a Sr. Network Engineer to support our client in Fort Meade, MD.
Provides assistance in all aspects of network management from network design through implementation, maintenance and upgrading of existing networks; specification, and related documents and implements communication system requirements to support the distributed functionality of a software engineering environment; Analyze network characteristics (e.g. traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes and throughput), troubleshoots problems and recommends procurement of, and/or modifications to network components. Primary emphasis on Cisco Systems, and at least some Juniper and IBM BladeCenter (SwitchModule) experience. Need to be our authority with all network issues and tuning.
Must be willing and able to:
- be on-call 24x7
- mission critical (Agency Code Red required)
- interface with agency and non-agency sites via emails/phone to walk them through hands-on troubleshooting
- work flexible hours, staying until the job is completed (mission is restored)
Required Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field plus 10 or more years of experience in a technical role in project and programs for Government/Industry customers; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Eight years’ experience as a Network Engineer in programs that encompass system architecture, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph is REQUIRED
- Experience in developing networks from design through implementation
- Experience with Cisco lOS or JunOS or equivalent
- Experience in configuring multi-vendor network equipment
- Experience with network test gear and testing network equipment
- Experience in configuring NAT and routing protocols
- Experience with ethernet trunking and configuring ethernet VLANs
- Linux skills required
- Must meet 8570 IAT II requirements to include one of the following certifications: CCNA Security, GIC SP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.