Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech’s Air Force and Space Division is recruiting highly talented candidates to support a contract that provides “cradle to grave” support to the United States Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Launch Systems Enterprise Directorate’s – National Security Space Launch (NSSL).
We assist the Air Force by supporting a multitude of areas, including Systems Engineering & Integration, Acquisition & Program Management Support, Mission Integration Management, System Safety & Environmental Engineering, Systems Security & Information Assurance, Launch Schedule and Risk Management, Certification of New Entrant Launch Vehicles.
ManTech is actively seeking a motivated, customer-oriented Atlas-Delta NSSL Electrical Engineer to join our team in the El Segundo, CA area.
Responsibilities may include the following:
- Provide Atlas V and Delta IV Electrical and Avionics Systems engineering expertise at our El Segundo, CA office.
- Areas of expertise: Electrical and avionics systems design, manufacturing, test, operation, processes, personnel, and organizations.
- Prepare assessments of Engineering Review Boards including risk recommendation
- Support Customer acquisition functions such as requirements development, request for proposals, and cost/technical/schedule/performance reports.
- Perform systems engineering functions such as requirements definition, design review, test review, pedigree, hardware acceptance, verification, operations, and post-flight analyses.
- Prepare Customer team for, and support rehearsals and launch operations and anomaly resolution.
- Plan, coordinate, brief, support Chief Engineer Review Boards and other meetings.
- Perform technical and engineering data management, such as data mining and reporting.
- Perform Training and Certification including course development, peer review, training, mentoring.
- Collaborate with Aerospace Corporation, Launch Vehicle Contractors (LVCs), Launch Sites, factories.
- Serve as authority in Electrical and Avionics; support USAF customers in the preparation for and execution of Chief Engineer briefings, Weekly Status Reviews, and other SMC processes.
- Prepare weekly and other written evaluations and reports of a technical nature.
The preferred candidate will have or be able to do the following skills:
- Design, test, manufacture, and operation of electrical and avionics systems processes, personnel, and organizations.
- Performing design reviews, pre/post-test reviews, procedure reviews, anomaly resolution.
- Providing risk assessments and actionable recommendations and mitigation's.
- Performing acquisition functions such as requirements development and performance assessments.
- Performing systems engineering functions from requirements development through post-flight reporting.
- Operating Day of Launch data systems and providing training and support to customers and colleagues.
- Interacting effectively with USAF, SMC, NASA, NRO, LV, and SV Contractors and Aerospace Corporation.
- Performing Knowledge Capture, Process Definition, preparing and providing training.
- Preparing and giving written and verbal presentations and reports to senior engineers and management.
- Knowledge of Atlas and/or Delta electrical and avionics systems preferred.
- A Bachelor's of Science or higher in Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Electrical and Avionics systems design, manufacturing, test and operation processes.
- An active DoD Secret clearance level or above
- Ability to travel CONUS to LA Airforce Base, Vandenberg Airforce Base and CCAFS to support meetings, reviews and operations.
- Competency in using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Information Technology systems and databases.
In addition to the above minimum qualifications the ideal candidate will also possess the following:
- “Quick Learner” and “Great Teacher”; able to provide thoughtful, credible training and mentoring.
- Independence, initiative, dedicated, collaborative, proactive, success-oriented problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.