Sr Quality Engineer
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And that’s only the beginning.
- Improve supplier quality performance by working with functions (e.g., ISC, Engineering, Regulatory) to identify key process/product drivers, then developing and helping implement sustainable improvement plans.
- Work with internal and external functions to complete robust cause chain analysis.
- Drive effective Root Cause Corrective Actions (RCCA) resolution through immediate containment and sustainable corrective actions that are measurable.
- Audit functional processes, (Product Design, Test, Software, Manufacturing, Quality, and Logistics) to assess effectiveness of corrective actions or to proactively assess gaps contributing to Honeywell factories, customer or in-service complaints.
- Track and report supplier quality performance to the organization that includes actions and timelines to meet standard when goals are missed.
- Ensure compliance to standard definitions for key customer data measurements of customer quality (e.g., accuracy of escape data in Aero Dashboard).
- Consistently meet Quality Notification and Root Cause Corrective Action timelines
- Facilitate the flow down of customer quality contractual and regulatory requirements in the ISC (Integrated Supply Chain), organizations.
- Meet with suppliers to evaluate performance to goals as well as for contract requirements to meet delivery standards.
- Drive necessary actions to meet product return cycle times to obtain RCCAs from Honeywell sites and suppliers.
- Manage quality related production change control and reporting.
- Participate in the purge and MRB processes.
- Accountable to undertake actions for the Deer Valley site to achieve quality and delivery goals.
- Directly support internal and external customer and regulatory agency audits.
- Manage supplier disclosures and recalls in Customer Satisfaction Board (CSB) to drive cycle time of activities for RCCA.
- Complete data analysis to create and manage robust inspection plan requirements to identify and reject defects.
- Manage supplier self-release status and Aerospace Supplier Portal (HASP) system.
- U.S. Citizenship Status required due to client requirement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline (i.e., engineering, computer science, quality assurance) with 5 years of Quality Engineering experience. In lieu of formal education, appropriate progressive experience in Quality Engineering.
- Strong computer skills with high level proficiency in Microsoft Office tools such as Excel (especially pivot tables and graphs), PowerPoint, and Word.
- A working knowledge of Aerospace quality practices including both regulatory and industry standards (e.g. AS9100D, FAR Part 21 requirements).
- Current ASQ CQA or CQE certification is desirable.
- Experience using specific software/management tools (ECATs, PDM, One Source, SAP, etc.) is a plus.
- Proven ability to interface effectively with all levels of leadership, suppliers and customers.
- Ability to drive the development of PFMEAs, and implementation of statistical process controls, for products and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional and cross regional teams in Root Cause Corrective Actions and Preventive and Quality Improvement activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to create and present reports to customers.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .