Unisys Corporation - Federal Systems (https://unisys-fed.jobs.net/)
full-time employee contract
District of Columbia
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Deputy Program Manager to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Provides team leadership and creativity in development and implementation of services engagements. Uses strong project management skills to lead the delivery of medium to large sized projects within planned timelines, budget, margins and quality specifications. Directs multiple and complex projects or sub-projects, including project financials. Directs the development and integration of project deliverables. Manages and leads large work teams (up to 50 or more architects, consultants and managers), sets objectives and priorities, assigns and reviews tasks, and identifies and manages staffing requirements. Manages performance, learning and development, and career paths for a team of people. Establishes strong client relationships, and leverages industry expertise to translate the client’s long-range business plan into a services strategy. Identifies and pursues new business opportunities within the existing client base.Requirements
• Bachelor's degree and 10 years of professional service experience managing projects delivery IT outsourcing capabilites with a focus on customer delivery management and new business development.
• PMP with Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
• Proven ability to recognize and diagnose issues, work in teams, and leverage the resources of other related practices to address client challenges.
• Superior ability to influence and collaborate with senior leaders and work across all levels of the organization.
• Has managed large scale project and often achieved growth, productivity and profitability targets within projects. Set the agenda and strategy for the project and/or demonstrated the ability to grow a project from the ground up.
• Active participation in professional associations, industry roundtables, etc.PM required with 7-10 years professional service practice experience managing programs within IT industry oursourcing to federal agencies.
• Prior work experience should include:
o Performing the job of an architect or solutions specialist, wit a focus on new or expanded business development (or consultative selling /closing experience), project manager.
o A sustained record of developing new add-on, profitable business.
o Applying risk mitigation/management methodology when developing, capturing and delivering services.
o Developing relationships with a variety of clients in a broad range of industries.
o Obtaining in-depth knowledge of one’s area of specialization, field or technology.
• Successfully completed PMI or IPMA professional certification.
• University degree or equivalent education and experience.
• Active participation in professional associations, industry roundtables, etc.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity