Prospective candidate will lead a team of personnel in the development of technical documentation to include Technical Manuals, Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRLs), I-types, and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) documents, illustrations, and parts breakdown manuals.
- Analyzes requirements, develops source material, consults engineering and technical staff as a subject matter expert.
- Partners with editors, illustrators and the like in preparing a draft. Ensures technical documentation is accurate, complete, meets editorial and government specifications and adheres to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style such as MIL-STD-40051 and MIL-STD-38784. Includes operational specifications, bulletins, articles, service manuals, and marketing publications.
- Participates in the development of organizational goals and procedures. Plans and prepares the technical data for major publication projects.
- Leads/champions multi-disciplined or cross-functional teams; serves as subject matter expert.
- Directs technical documentation compiling, writing/editing and/or coordinating.
- Provides work leadership to lower level employees as required.
- Investigates and makes recommendations relative to problems encountered on project.
- Plans, conducts, and directs work on complex projects with wide latitude action.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism or related field with at least 8 years of related experience. In lieu of formal education, 12 years of progressive related experience in technical writing/editing.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Arbortext Editor, and/or Oxygen XML Editor and EMS-NG. Experience with editing eXtensible Markup Language (XML) and/or Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML) is a plus along with experience with U.S. Army developed Interactive Authoring and Display System (IADS).
- Must be familiar with Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Suite software, and XML development authoring applications.
- Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC) and Security Clearance.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills; Must be able to write clearly and informatively. Must have proven experience editing work for spelling and grammar and use varies writing style to meet needs. The selected applicant may present numerical data effectively and should be able to read and interpret written information.
- The selected applicant should be able to balance teams and individual responsibilities and exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views. The selected applicant should be able to give and welcome feedback and contribute to building a positive team spirit. The selected applicant should put the success of team above own interests and focus on the teams commitments to goals and objectives. The selected applicant should support everyone's efforts to succeed.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .