Unisys Corporation - Federal Systems (https://unisys-fed.jobs.net/)
full-time employee contract
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Journeyman Service Desk Technician to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
• Service Desk Technicians shall operate the help desk phone system and service desk tracking system, answer incoming user calls or requests, log tickets and service requests, review incoming tickets and service requests, research and provide resolution to user problems, escalate tickets and requests to appropriate personnel, as well as monitor and report on service desk performance
• Assist in the development and implementation of procedures that support execution of Service Desk activities, to include process flows, defined roles and responsibilities, knowledge base articles, and reporting schema to enable the establishment of appropriate touch points and engagements
• Identify and recommend opportunities for performance improvement of hardware, software and any supporting infrastructure and supporting services by employing IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices
• Employ continual improvement processes to effectively measure and enhance Service Desk performance, productivity, knowledge and profitability based on Service Desk performance metrics.
• Maintain Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
• Ensure that all support requests are well documented in the IT ticketing system from the creation of the ticket to the successful resolution and provide clear understanding of open ticket status
• Communicating with internal customers, team members and management regularly during all aspects of service desk operations and ongoing technical issues
• Track and analyze trends in Service Desk requests and generate statistical report as needed
• Identify problems and implement solutions, identify, recommend, develop, and implement customer training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency
• Provide thorough triaging of tickets
• Provide written and oral communications, make recommendations for improving documentation
• Provide recommendations on issues/problems identified and reported in trend analysis
• Work with Geographically Separated Units in Mexico and Washington, D.C. to open, track, troubleshoot and resolve tickets
• Two positions will require LRA training and certification
• High school degree and 3 years experience
• DoD 8570 IAT I Certification
• MCT Desktop Certification desired
• Solid hands-on/technical knowledge of core technologies including but not limited to AD, O365, WAN/LAN/Wi-Fi, VOIP, Core Networking, Cloud Services, Video Conferencing fundamentals and printing
• Knowledge of and experience in applying ITIL principles and standards to improve incident resolution and customer service standards
• Proven leadership skills with the ability to coach team members
• Able to effectively influence and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders
• Excellent written and oral communication, including the ability to confidently present to all levels of management
• DoD-8570 IAT II Certification
• ITIL Foundations Certification
• Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills
• Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
• Familiarization of NORAD/USNORTHCOM missions and DOD regulations and directives
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity