Financial Management Analyst
United States Department of State
INL/EX/BE office at SA-01
2401 E Street NW,
Washington, DC 20037
Requires: Secret Security Clearance (May begin work with an Interim Secret Clearance)
ATSG Corporation is seeking qualified candidates to fill a position for a Program Analyst to support the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL).
The U.S. Department of State is the lead institution for the conduct of American diplomacy and the Secretary of State is the President’s principal foreign policy advisor. The Department of State’s mission is to advance U.S. national security interests, fight terrorism, protect U.S. interests abroad, and implement foreign policy initiatives that build a freer, prosperous and secure world.
The Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) keeps Americans safe at home by countering international crime, illegal drugs, and instability abroad. INL helps countries deliver justice and fairness by strengthening their police, courts, and corrections systems. These efforts reduce the amount of crime and illegal drugs reaching U.S. shores.
The INL/EX/BE Office provides financial management support and invoice management to INL Program Offices and INL Sections worldwide.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervise all invoice progression for INL/EX/BE through both the ServiceNow and IPP invoice approval systems and execute any number of administrative tasks required for timely invoice approval.
- Monitor and archive the INL/EX/BE invoicing mailbox and facilitate the distribution of invoices, contributions, employee training, and grant payments to the ServiceNow invoicing system. This involves the administration of, on average, 500+ invoicing items for payment per month.
- Perform as the sole liaison/point of contact for all INL ServiceNow and IPP invoicing inquiries that involves creating and developing relationships with various external and internal customers, including customers worldwide and in various time zones.
- Maintain Invoice Manager role within the Invoice Processing Platform (IPP).
- Manage the system permissions and user roles within ServiceNow for 300+ active users. This includes adding and removing users when necessary.
Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for all past and present systems used by INL for processing invoices and housing invoice data. These systems include Metastorm, ServiceNow, and the Invoice Processing Platform (IPP).
Reports, Analysis, and Statistics:
- Serve as the sole point of contact for all users worldwide and in various time zones with system problems or invoice data issues that may prevent invoice approval or rejection.
- Train and assist INL personal in the usage of all invoicing and financial reporting systems in addition to various system reporting techniques.
- Develop working relationships with all system’s support staff to effectively resolve technical user and system issues.
Deliver various invoice reporting statistics using Excel data exported from all applicable systems for external and internal customers on a daily, weekly, monthly, and ad hoc basis.
- Develop and deliver various IPP user reports using the In-Process, Approval Tracking, and Workflow Routing reports in conjunction with Excel.
- Effectively use ServiceNow filter functions to generate accurate and pertinent data in conjunction with Excel.
- Generate financial reports in Excel using data extracted from the Global Financial Management System (GFMS).
- Utilize DOS financial reporting tools, such as Global Business Intelligence (GBI) and Data Warehouse to generate financial reporting and tracking methods in support of Invoicing Team Financial Management Analysts (FMAs).
- Create and maintain reports that combine invoice and financial system data to assist the invoicing team with updating financial management records for assigned program.
- Be prepared to adapt and create reporting methodologies in response to events such as Fiscal Year-End and workflow changes.
- Continue to expand working knowledge of INL financial procedures and practices
- Produce training aides to help implement new invoicing system and procedures.
- U.S. Citizen.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and a minimum of zero to two years’ experience at the equivalent GS-9 level; or an Associate's degree from an accredited institution and a minimum of four years’ experience at the equivalent GS-9 level.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
Level of Effort:
- Knowledge of a variety of procurement functional areas and their relationship to other functions to be able to research errors or investigate complaints.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying analytical techniques to resolve issues or problems of a procedural or factual nature.
*Candidates are encouraged to submit a .doc or .docx resume that explicitly addresses each of the requirements listed above.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visit http://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Recruiting Team.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
- Hours for the position will be the core hours of the Department of State: Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week, 8 hours per day.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.