Job Title: Software Licence Manager
Location: Wyton (Huntingdon), Feltham (Middlesex)
Summary of Role:
Raytheon UK is looking for an experienced Software Licence Manager to work within its Cyber & Intelligence business. Reporting into the Control Account Manager, this is a high profile role, demanding excellent interpersonal skills and high levels of energy, drive and stamina. The work location will primarily be based at Customer Sites with frequent visits to other company sites in the UK and occasional travel to the US.
The Software Licence Manager will be part of the engineering team and will be required to work closely with the Commercial and Subcontract Management Teams. The candidate will have Commercial/Supply Chain experience
The role of the Software Licence Manager is to support, manage, and administer contracts for software application products across the programme. This includes overseeing spending, managing a repository of applications, and issuing Requests for Proposal, Requests for Quote, and Invitations to Bid. The Software Licence Manager will also define and facilitate communication between the enterprise and its suppliers in order to deliver software and applications according to plan and within budget, and to ensure licensing compliance. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring the quality of the data held to support software licence and support renewals.
The role is to provide expertise and guidance on software licencing definition of and performance parameters, as well as contract deliverables necessary for execution of our programmes and implementation of new systems across a number of sites within the Raytheon Cyber and Intelligence business. The Software Licence Manager will be responsible for the management of the licence and maintenance renewals against the Bill of Materials and Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
The main tasks of the role are:
Liaison between all internal and external stakeholders to ensure that all requests are completed within given timescales and in accordance with business policy
Provide support to the license renewals team and to undertake a quality review of renewal request proposals prior to being issued to the customer.
Coordinate with project, engineering and commercial teams to maintain knowledge on all licensing requirements
Central point of contact for all software, licensing and support contract queries – to maintain relationships with suppliers and vendors to ensure a streamlined renewals process
Manage and evaluate all regulations and legislations for licensing and to ensure compliance with Raytheon and Government procedures.
Technical advisor during contract negotiations with suppliers/vendors/resellers and working with the Commercial Team ensuring that all of the correct agreements are put in place.
Proactively maintain knowledge on all licencing compliance matters and provide recommendations for programme Leadership Team
Provision of management information for Raytheon management and customer teams
Prepare forecast of spend profiles in line with Raytheon financial governancel processes
Analyse and recommend improvements to all internal procedures related to software procurement
To assist with the identification of the risks, issues and opportunities associated with the programme
Liaise with the configuration management team to ensure correct configuration Items data is correctly entered into Configuration Management Data Base (CMDB).
To Liaise with CM Team regarding the quality of the data in the CMDB in respect of licensing and items identified as being operationally critical
Manages the receipt, issue, and filing of all the agreements/licesnes
To support projects and lead the Licensing aspects of service transition
To manage the licensing portals and download nformation as required by the programme
To assist with the resolution of production incidents which are licensing related.
To advise project on licensing and transition the resulting new licenses into the live service environment.
To deputise for the Team manager at Leadership Team meetings.
Preparation of quarterley procurement plans for the license renewals team.
Updates to and verification of software publishers licensing portals
• A finisher - who delivers what he commits to do
• Integrity and honesty - able to deliver bad news as well as good
• Energy and drive - willingness to be flexible in working hours to meet Customer needs
• Staying power - maintains personal motivation over the long haul
• Courage - able to make the difficult decisions as well as the easy ones
• Methodical – attention to the detail is essential
• Engineering industry background in IT Service Provision is essential, coupled with commercial experience in procurement activities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrable application of relevant supply chain management methodologies and toolsets
• An influencer and ability to communicate at all levels within the stakeholder community
• Strong organisers who can maintain focus on assigned tasking to completion
• Ability to work under pressure and meet all given Service Management targets
• Willingness to travel in the UK and overseas
• Holder of current SC security clearance and willing to obtain the highest levels of UK Security Clearance
• Engineering degree or equivalent
• IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation qualification
• Significant experience working within the integrated supply chain field with exposure to building relationships with suppliers
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, national security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Uxbridge, Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon UK has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
• 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Flexible Benefits
• Enhanced sick pay scheme 154615