The Global Business Services (GBS) Operations Estimating and Pricing (E&P) team is seeking a Finance Summer Intern. The selected candidate must be available to work full-time starting in May/June 2020.
The estimating organization is responsible for the preparation of various types of proposals for development, production and competitive contracts including modifications to existing contracts. In addition, the estimating organization supports gate reviews, government audits and negotiations with the customer.
An internship with the E&P team will give the intern a comprehensive view of the front end of the business and how projects are priced.
The intern will:
- Support the development and analysis of proposals
- Work with other functions from across the company to understand the labor, material and other direct costs associated with proposed contracts
- Utilize company estimating and pricing programs and tools
- Provide estimating support for the development of Basis of Estimates to include validating actuals, ensuring consistency within task descriptions, and assessing the estimating approach
- Prepare non-complex Gate 4 charts for program/company leadership review of proposal information
- Strong organization and analytical skills
- The ability to work well in teams
- Oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, its formulas and functions
- Ability to produce and modify Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
- Experience meeting deadlines and working in a schedule driven environment
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables and Look Up functions, is desired but not required.
- Experience in a financial setting working with numbers, data sets, or computations.
- 3.0 GPA and above
Required Experience and Education:
Candidate must be in/entering their Sophomore, Junior or Senior year(30+ credit hours) and actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or related field. Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition.
US Citizenship Required - This position requires access to systems/tools that are restricted to individuals who possess US citizenship.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.