The Failure Analysis section of the Materials Engineering Department is currently in need of a Technical Support Engineer I/II in the field of failure analysis. The candidate will support incoming evaluation of operations hardware and field returns. The candidate’s responsibilities will be assigning the appropriate analyst, verifying the parts/hardware with respect to program, contract and assigning the appropriate charge number. Also, provide a weekly status to the team and section manager. In addition, this candidate will support the coordination of the part recovery activity as well as offsite storage of completed failure analysis parts for all programs. The candidate will be a key contact for incoming activity in our production facility utilizing our internal tracking and central repository database system.
- Materials Engineering Department Incoming Hardware Lead
- Work directly with Operation, Engineering labs, Materials Engineering Failure Analysis Leads and Suppliers
- Hands on Activity Working in a Closed Area
This position can be a G06 or a G07 based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibilities required for the position.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working in an industrial and production environment
• Proficient in CT X-ray
• Knowledge in 2-D X-ray techniques
• Knowledge of internal, compliance and corporate audits
• Knowledge of Production Component Failure Trending
• Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/Access)
• Must be self-motivated and possess good communication skills
• Must be adaptable and willing to work varying assignments
• Must be customer focused and close out projects completely
• Ability to direct tasks and assign priorities
• Ability to work as a team member is essential
• Secret Security Clearance
Experience working with limited supervision, and taking ownership of project to achieve schedule goals.
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelors degree in Electronics Engineering or related field or Associates Degree in Electronics Technology or related field with minimum of 12 years relevant experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.